XXXIII

Alex woke up rather early that day, feeling tired and not wanting to do anything since it was a weekend. But alas, he has tons of assignments to do, and also has to say goodbye to his friends.

He manages to get up and get dressed, all before heading downstairs for breakfast.

"Ah, there you are!" Robert then said as he saw his son walk his way to the dining hall "I thought you'll ring for Wilson and eat upstairs instead."

"I don't want to eat in the room." Alex chuckles "That will make me unproductive for the rest of the day."

"I suppose you'll see your friends off."

"I will, yes. Quite sad, but you know...we'll all still see each other on Monday."

As they shared a light chuckle, Rosamund and Cora then head downstairs along with the boys.

"Alexander Crawley...early as always!" Richie teased.

"And beating all of us to breakfast as well, even with that injury of yours." Alfie added.

"Of course." Alex smiles as he stood up and hugs them one by one "You all know I wouldn't want to miss your departure."

"We'll still see one another in Monday, you know." Vince said.

"I know...but still."

The four young men laughed before the three sat down as Alex went to greet his mother and aunt.

"How are you feeling?" Cora said as her son kisses her cheek.

"I am fine" he replied politely "Still limping, still in a little pain...but all is well."

"You should've stayed in bed!" Rosamund then said.

"Not if I need to finish a ton of schoolwork before Monday." he chuckles softly, and kisses her cheek as well before settling back down beside his father.

"Your father and I heading back to Downton today as well." Cora then said, making Alex suddenly stop halfway in eating his scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Awww...I thought you're staying a bit longer." he said..

"You could come with us, if you like." Robert then offered "You...and your Aunt Rosamund, of course. You can bring your assignments as well."

"Why do you sound like you don't want me come?" Rosamund said to her brother.

"I suppose you have something else to do today." he explained "I don't want to be in the way of whatever that it is you're doing."

"And did you not think that I can cancel my plans for today until tomorrow? Because they're not really that important?"

"Well, you didn't tell me!"

"So, now I'm suppose to tell all my plans to you now? Did you even forget who's older between the two of us?"

"Are the two of them like this?" Alfie whispers to Alex as they quietly continued eating,

"Every now and then, yes." Alex whispers back, clearly enjoying the two siblings banter out on the breakfast table.

"And I didn't know Auntie is older than His Lordship."

"Papa ages faster than her...so I suppose that's the cause."

They then shared a soft chuckle before watching back at them, now being pacified by Cora.

***

After a while, Alex watches his friends bring their bags down as Wilson helps them. He smiles, even though he still wishes for them to extend a week or two more.