Chapter Nine

In the morning I woke up a little earlier at 5:30, I tried going back to sleep to just get a little more but I couldn't. I get up and get dressed made food, now I'm in the living room looking at the note my dad wrote I sigh, Jess said she would pick me up today about 20 minutes later I hear a knock at the door I rush over with my bag and open it to a very happy Jess.

"Hey! How'd you sleep?" Jess asks me as I lock the door "great, you?" I say rolling my eyes and smiling "same! I had an amazing dream, it was about Eric and oh my he is soooo hot!" She says as we hop into her car "uh-huh" I say rolling my eyes and laughing "what's so funny? I'm sure you dream of four!" She says and playfully nudges me "not as much as you dream of Eric" I say as I look at her and see her rolling her eyes "uh-huh" she says.

Later when we finally arrive at school I hop on out and we go our separate ways I head to my locker and see someone there.

"hello stranger" I say smiling as I see it's Matthew "Hey, wanna walk to class together?" He asks as I grab my books "hm let me think about it...sure!" I say and he smiles. We make our way to class and he tells me a little about this story of when him and Jess were around 5-6 they were outside and it was muddy, he basically tripped her into a pile of mud in front of her crush and tells me how embarrassed she was, I laugh a little "that's so mean!" I say shaking me head and nudge him playfully he laughs, his laugh is so cute! I love it. "It was so funny tho! She was so mad" we walk into class and take our seats a few minutes later the teacher walked in and class started.

After class we go our separate ways and I head to history, after history I make my way to science I see that Jess isn't here yet so I take my seat and doodle a little, Jess enters the room a few minutes later "Hey Danny!" She says "hellooo" I say smiling we talk for a few minutes then the teachers comes in and starts the lesson.

After class we make our way to lunch, we sit down and about five minutes later someone asks "hey, is this seat taken?" Matthew smiles at me and I smile back blushing a little I look away and at Jess as she responds "yeah by anyone but you" he sighs "let's ask Danny! Can I sit with you guys?" He asks me I look him in the eyes and I know I can't say no to him. "Yeah sure" I say and he smiles as he sits down "ha! even Danny wants me here" Matthew says and Jess just sticks her tongue at him "whateverrr now you gotta listen to our girl talk" she laughs and I join in. We eat and talk as Jess talks about this one guy in her Spanish class.

After lunch we go our separate ways, my next class speeds by pretty fast and I make my way to gym, I walk in and see Matthew talking to some guys, he sees me and walks on over "Hey! Wanna be on my team for basketball?" He asks I laugh a little "I'm not that good, but if you want me on your team sure!" I say and I blush a little as he smiles at me "that's alright! I'm sure we'll still do good" he grabs my hand and drags me over to the guys he were talking to "Matt, are you bothering this poor girl?" A blonde guy says smirking as he sees Matthew's still holding my hand. I blush as he quickly squeezes my hand and lets go, I already miss his hand holding mine...it felt nice. Matthew chuckles and says "Guys, this is Danny" he says and smiles at me, the blonde looks at me and holds his hand out "Hello Danny, I'm Connor" I shake his hand "I'm john!" The tall brunette says and the last one with black hair looks familiar then I realize it's the guy I bumped into at the park, he mumbles something and Connor nudges him. He puts his hand out and I shake it "Nice to meet you Danny, I'm brad" I smile "nice to meet you as well"

After gym our team won, mostly because Matthew, Connor, Brad, and John are really good at basketball, I tried to score but missed sadly. "You did good for being bad" Matthew says walking next to me and I sigh "I guess so, you and the others are really good" he laughs a little "eh, I'd say brad is the best out of all four of us, he's the one that got us interested in basketball...anyways got any plans after school?" He asks smiling "yeah actually, me and Jess have some plans" he starts to frown but sighs and does a small smile "oh, well can I at least get your number maybe?" He says and steps in front of me making me almost bump into him I laugh a little "sure" I give him my number and we go our separate ways.
-After School-

Me and Jess meet up at the car, and make our way to the park. Once we get there we walk around and make jokes, we start to talk about flowers I tell her how my favorite are Sunflowers and she says hers are Dahlias, we continue to talk about flowers and some other things. After about an hour we go back to Jess's car we drive around not really going anywhere just enjoying each other's company, doing some karaoke.

30 minutes later Jess brings me home. "Cya tomorrow Jess!" I say and wave "Cya!" She says and leaves, I walk up to the door and unlock it as I go inside I slip off my shoes and lock the door, I rush to my room and change I then go downstairs and make a sandwich. After eating I go upstairs and lay on my bed for a little bit watching some YouTube, after an hour I get up and brush my teeth and hopped onto the bed to get some rest.
————————————————————
Author- I want a friend like Matthew- anyways I hope y'all enjoyed this :)