Chapter Thirty-One

"Wow..you look beautiful" Matthew says smiling "thanks" I say blushing "you don't look to bad yourself" I add smiling and he smirks "Cmon" he says taking my bag and grabbing my hand bringing me to his car, opening the door for me and I slip in putting my seatbelt on and Matthew makes his way to the drivers side putting my bag in back and slipping his seatbelt on starting the car.

"So where are we going?" I ask for the 10th time after about driving only 15 minutes so far and he lets out a small laugh "secret" is all he says as he quickly looks at me with a smile before looking back at the road "Cmon! Just a little hint" I say curious on where he's taking me "nope, just wait I promise you'll like it" he says looking at me and I nod with a sigh and he turns back to the road "better be good, young man" I say and he laughs "young man?" he asks and laughs again I nod "yes, young man" I say rolling my eyes and laughing a little.

After a little bit we finally arrive at our destination, at this diner. We get out and Matthew grabs my hand and leads as we walk inside, we sit at a booth. "Sorry it isn't that fancy..I'll be honest I only thought about this last night" he says and I smile "no no, this is great, I like it" I say looking around "okay good" he says and smiles, a waiter comes and I get lemonade and Matthew gets coke, we look at the menu and talking about some of the food "oohhh, I know what I'm getting" I say putting down the menu with a smile and Matthew puts his down "me too, whatcha getting?" he asks "chicken tenders with the fries, what about you?" I asks "A bacon burger with fries" he answers and I nod, a few minutes later the waiter comes back and we order our food and talk while we wait.

Once our food arrives we thank the waiter and dig on in. "Mmm it's so good!" I say and Matthew nods "yeah it is" he agrees, we continue to talk a little while we eat. After dinner Matthew pays and I leave a tip, he leads me back to the car opening the door for me, I get in and put my seatbelt on, he gets in and puts his on and we make our way to the next destination. We arrive at an ice cream shop, I get cookies n cream and he gets butter pecan. We sit on a bench outside eating our ice cream, joking around. After ice cream we go back into the car and drive to his house, once we arrive he has me close my eyes.

"Can I open yet?" I ask and he laughs a little "not yet" he says, he leads me somewhere and finally we stop "okay, now open them" he says and I open my eyes to see the trampoline covered with blankets and pillows, and an area with a speaker and some candles and some flowers "I hope you like it- I know it's not much but it's the best I could-" he says but I cut him off turning to look at him "it's perfect" I say smiling and he smiles looking at me "Cmon" he says and slips his fingers between mine, leading me to the speaker and starts to play "thinking out loud" by Ed Sheeran "may I have this dance?" he asks and I nod.

He slips his arms around my waist as I move mine around his neck, looking each other in the eyes. Slow dancing, enjoying the moment. "You know, from day one I liked you, from when we first met at the park, and when we first hung out, and everyday since then, you're adorable, cute, beautiful, gorgeous, smart, funny, sometimes sassy and cranky, stubborn, and just- so amazing, and I like every bit of it" he says and adds "I like you Danielle, so much" he smiles and my smile grows "I like you too Matthew, you always know how to make me laugh, how to make me feel better when I'm sad, and whenever I'm around you, you make me feel like nothing could go wrong, I really really like you" I say and he leans down inches from my lips "can I?" he asks "yes" I answer and his lips are pressed against, so sweet and gently, it felt like fireworks, it was amazing. After about a minute we pull away, and lean our foreheads against each other "Danielle, will you be my girlfriend?" Matthew asks with a small smile "yes!" I say excitedly and he laughs a little and  we kiss again.