Chapter Twenty-Eight

I wake up to being shaken "mmm..what?" I mumbled and hear a small laugh and open my eyes slightly to see my heads resting on a chest, I look up and there's Matthew looking down at me with a smile "hey, time to get up, did you enjoy your nap?" he asks and I nod getting up a bit to stretch, I stand up and so does he and he grabs my hand, slipping his fingers between mine.

"You hungry?" he asks kissing my forehead and I nod, he leads me downstairs to the kitchen "how long was I asleep for?" I ask rubbing my eyes a little "around 2 hours" he responds letting go of my hand and opening the fridge "want a sandwich?" he asks turning so he can look at me with a smile "yeah" I say with a nod and he starts grabbing ingredients, he makes us some turkey sandwiches with some chips and pickles on the side. "Looks good" I say as he hands me my plate and he laughs a little "it's what I make best, so I hope it's good" he says and I take a bite "the best I've ever had" I say with a smile, and he smiles and we both eat, talking a little.

After dinner, we go outside and lay on the grass looking up at the sky. "Its so nice out" I say and Matthew pulls me closer to him "yeah, it is" he agrees rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand and I look him in the eyes, he moves his other hand to gently hold my face, getting on his side and slowly leaning in..his lips inches away from mine.."may I..?" he asks looking from my eyes to my lips and back to my eyes "yes" I say softly, and suddenly I wake up.

'that was a dream..?' I ask myself looking up to see a sleeping Matthew, but gets woken up when I start to move "hey..how was your nap?" he asks sitting up "good, yours?" I reply and he nods "mine was good, you hungry?" he asks and I nod we both gets up and he leads me downstairs holding my hand, when we get to the kitchen we see Jess sitting at the table "soup?" she asks and we both nod, Matthew grabs us both a bowl of soup and I grab us some water and spoons. "So whatcha guys do that you had to lock the door?" she asks raising a brow as we start to eat "we took a nap" Matthew says and she nods "just sleeping?" she asks and I nod "okay..just making sure...also just a reminder bro..hurt her I hurt you" Jess says with a smile and gets up putting her dish in the sink "what if she hurts me? not saying you would" he says looking at me when he says the last part and back at Jess and all she does is shrug and say  "you'll live, anyways cya!" then she exits the room and Matthew scoffs shaking his head a little and I laugh "not funny" he says and pouts when he looks at me "you're right it's not..but just maybe a little" I say and he rolls his eyes, we go back to eating our food and talk a little.

After we ate, we go back upstairs to Matthews room and grab a few games, Monopoly, Uno, and connect 4. We start with connect 4 "how are you so good?" he asks after 5 rounds, which I've won all. "I'm not sure, how are you so bad?" I ask tilting my head a little with a smile on my face and he shakes his head "I'm not bad, you're just cheating!" he says and I laugh "how?" I ask and he shrugs "I'm not sure yet, but I'll figure it out!" he says and I laugh "good luck with that" I reply and pat his shoulder, after a few more rounds me move to uno which gets pretty intense.

"Hey! that was mean" I say as I grab 4 cards "colors yellow, and so? deal with it" he says and smirks as I scoff "meanie" I say as I place a card down..we both try to use all of the goodie cards to make the other fail, but gets pretty hard. After about 30 minutes we put the cards away once Matthew won..I could've won if he didn't somehow get a bunch of draw more cards. After uno we got bored of playing games and decided to watch a movie, we make our way downstairs and went on Disney+, we chose "Jungle Cruise".

After the movie we make our way back upstairs and got ready for bed, after we got changed I walk back into the room seeing Matthew already laying on the bed and patting the spot next to him, I crawl next to him laying my head on his chest and he places a blanket over us "comfy?"  he asks and I nod my head "good..goodnight" he says and kissing the top of my head "goodnight" I say softly and fall asleep a few minutes later.

————————————————————
Author- what did y'all think of this one?😏 ik peeps are gonna be a little mad about the dream..but hey- they ain't gonna get together just like a blink of an eye even tho that would be great, I wanna give them a little more time before they become official, because it's so obvious even a blind man could tell they like each other🙄😂

Anyways, hope y'all liked it, I need sleep now! Goodnight❤️(1:20am)