3. You Had One Job, Steve

Mind Over Matter - Young The Giant

And if the world don't break
I'll be shaking it
Cause I'm a young man after all
And when the seasons change
Will you stand by me
Cause I'm a young man built to fall

Amara hadn't ever given much thought to how abnormal her life has been until she realised she would have to become as normal as possible to complete her mission.

She had also made the mistake of assuming that if she ever did go to school, it would be to study the arts or English, definitely not to study science, of which she already possessed a vast knowledge of, thanks to her father and Uncle Bruce (the smartest scientists in the world), who made sure to tutor her regularly.

Amara might have even gone as far as to say that she had never imagined going to high school just to relearn the things that she had been taught many years ago, but alas, here she was. In her room. Awaiting the right moment to tell the others of her "incredibly important" mission. Although, the looks she received as she walked into the living area suggested that they already knew.

Pietro told them. Of course, he did

"So I'm guessing you all know,"  Amara glared at Pietro who just shrugged as if he couldn't possibly have kept it a secret.

There was a chorus of slightly fake enthusiasm: "yeah", "we're so proud of you" and "it's gonna be great!"

"Guys, you don't have to convince me, I've already agreed to do the mission," Amara laughed. And everyone else soon joined in.

"That's great, cause none of us had any idea how to sell the idea of high school to you, you'd feel way too out of place, what with being completely clueless," that was Clint of course.

"How would you even know about high school, Clint? The closest you've ever gotten to a classroom was that one mission in Tokyo that Nat told me about," Amara shot back and made everyone laugh, including Clint.

Natasha was the first to speak afterwards. "So when do you start?"

"Monday, but I'm going to go to queens tomorrow and see if I can see the guy," Amara said with slight excitement. She had never really thought about what it would be like to go to school and now that she is, she was slightly looking forward to it, but she would sooner die before she admits that - especially to Tony.

—————

After dinner that day, Amara went up to her room and was trying to come up with a plan that could potentially bring her face to face with the masked hero himself.

That was until Steve Rogers knocked on her bedroom door. "Hey kiddo, can I come in?"

"Of course, Captain America," Amara said his name with false bravado as she gave him a sarcastic salute and as good of a bow she could muster while sitting down.

Steve stood to attention and saluted back, "At ease soldier!"

Both superheroes let out a small chuckle at each other until Amara said, "You need something, Stevie?"

"Uh, no, not exactly. Just wondering...you know if-um- are Tuesday's still gonna work? You know, for...?"

"Right, yeah," Amara knew exactly what he was talking about.