49. The Raft

I miss you, I'm sorry - Gracie Abrams

Said forever, in the end, I fought it
Please be honest are we better for it
Thought you'd hate me but instead you called and
Said, "I miss you," I caught it
...
Nothing happened in the way I wanted
Every corner of this house is haunted
And I know you said that we're not talking
But I miss you, I'm sorry
I don't wanna go, think I'll make it worse
Everything I know brings me back to us
I don't wanna go we've been here before
Everywhere I go leads me back to you.

"This is Raft Prison Control. You're cleared for landing, Mr Stark," the voice of a guard came through the radio on the helicopter.

"Landing where, exactly? We're in the middle of the fucking ocean!" Amara exclaimed, clearly stressed about the conditions that Ross had subjected her friends to.

"Calm down, it's okay," Tony said to his daughter.

When she looked out the window again, she noticed a ring of white lights rising up, quickly, towards the surface of the water.

Amara scrunched her eyebrows and moved her head closer to the window as a large black, circular shaped building emerged from the middle of the ocean.

She looked at her father in disbelief, "The Raft is underwater?! Ross, figuratively and literally buried our friends!"

Water rushed down the sides of the large structure as an opening at the top of the building unfolded allowing them a place to land.

Once the helicopter landed, the doors closed behind them.

As the blades slowed down, Amara and Tony walked out of the chopper and were faced with Ross' figure walking towards them.

"So? You got the files?" Tony asked Ross. "Let's reroute the satellites, start facial scanning for this Zemo guy."

"You seriously think I'm gonna listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig" Ross scoffed.

Amara'a fists hands curled into fists, her fingernails digging into her palms to stop her from lashing out at the man.

"You're lucky you're not in one of these cells," Ross' lip curled in a way that showed how he looked down on the father and daughter.

"Cause that's what we do now, right?" Amara stepped forward, but was held back by her father. "We stick the heroes who defended us into high security prisons."

"When they break the law? Yes, Miss Stark that is exactly what we do," Ross' condescending tone spreading across the room. "And if you keep talking like that, you'll be next."

"Hey!" Tony intervened, stepping in front of Amara protectively. "You wanna watch your tone?" He exclaimed, angrily. "Back off my daughter."

Amara grabbed onto her father's arm; now she had to hold him back.

"I wanna see them," Amara said, sternly.

"Follow me," Ross nodded, leading them through another door.

When they walked through, they were faced with a surveillance room for the raft.

After skimming across the screens, Amara's eyes landed on the cells that housed her friends.

Clint, Sam, even that new guy, Lang. But no sign of Wanda or Pietro.

She stopped when she saw Wanda, on a separate floor to the others. She had been put in a straight jacket and was sat on the floor. In the same room was Pietro, glowing cuffs had been placed around his ankles and wrists, most likely to stop him using his powers.