4. First Impressions

Enchanted - Taylor swift

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy
And it was enchanting to meet you

Amara was up before the sunrise. She had to be if she wanted to get a good head start on her mission. She had stayed up till late last night gathering all the information she could about the Spiderman, and also her new school. She had successfully managed to create a rough list of his abilities, which so far consisted of super strength, speed, agility, and a sticky unknown substance that looks like it comes from the wrist area - she had more than a few questions for that one. Amara also found out that the school she would be attending is made especially for smart people (meaning she would have no trouble fitting in there).

"FRIDAY, transfer all my notes to all of my devices." she would need those to refer to later on.

She picked up a bag and stuffed her suit inside; if she had a chance to talk to the hero, she would do so as Aura, her alter ego.

Amara hurried downstairs and decided that she had enough time for a quick breakfast, seeing as no one would be there to distract her; the others were still asleep, presumably hungover and very tired from lack of sleep. Although the party was held for Amara, she knew that the Avengers needed no excuse to throw a party, and she had decided last night that she did not want to be around all of those hungover people the next morning.

Just like after every party, DUM-E had cleaned up most of the mess and was finishing some final bits of cleaning when Amara entered the kitchen.

Amara had used her powers to get herself a glass of water and a bowl of cereal while she addressed the AI, "FRIDAY alert me if anything happens in Queens while I'm eating. Key Word Spiderman. As she ate her cereal, she felt a presence just outside the room.

"Morning," she said, seconds before Natasha and Bruce walked into the kitchen.

"Hey! The first day today?" Bruce asked as he made his way to the fridge to make his breakfast.

"Yep. The sooner I finish the mission, the sooner I can start doing the important shit." Amara replied matter-of-factly.

"What's up? the idea of school already been fucked up for you?" Nat said sarcastically as Amara glared at her.

"Hey, if you're that interested, by all means, feel free to take my place," Amara fired back just as confidently.

Before Nat could reply Bruce said, "Um Kiddo?" he gestured over to the blinking hologram.

"FRIDAY, unmute, tell me what's happening," Amara was already using her powers to clean her dishes and bring her boots and her bag towards her, getting ready to go.

"The Spiderman spotted swinging through 164th Street, heading North East, by the looks of it."

"Any disruptions in that area?" Amara made her way towards the balcony, readying herself on the ledge.

"There seems to be a convenience store robbery in progress on the other side of Queens," glanced back at the two Avengers still eating in the kitchen, "Don't wait up for me, and say hi to everyone from me," she was just about to jump off the ledge when she turned around one last time, "Love you guys, and don't be un-chaperoned for too long, either, God knows what you'll get up to..." Amara said, teasing her friends who had recently started seeing each other. She saw the uncomfortable looks on their faces and sensed that something was off, but there was no time for that right now. Amara didn't wait to hear them reply as she stepped off the balcony and dropped. She felt the air rush through her as she gained control, manipulating the air to hold her aloft in the sky. "How long till he reaches?"