9. Proud Father Moment

Kiwi - Harry Styles

It's New York, baby, always jacked up
Holland tunnel for a nose is always backed up
When she's alone, she goes home to a cactus
In a black dress, she's such an actress

The rest of the day passed by like a blur until Amara had her first English class, the last class of the day.

When she walked into the classroom, she saw Michelle sitting at a table near the back and Amara made her way over there.

Amara confidently said, "Hey, Michelle!" Amara didn't wait for a reply before saying, "look, if you don't like me, that's fine, but I'm sitting here, so maybe we could at least try to hold a conversation for more than three minutes?"

Michelle looked at Amara and said, "Okay."

That one word was enough for Amara, so she sat down next to Michelle and got her book out, ready for the class.

That was when Michelle turned to Amara, "By the way, I never said that I didn't like you. You're the only person to actually try and start a conversation with me. Thanks."

Amara smiled, "Your welcome, Michelle."

"MJ" Michelle said looking towards the front of the classroom.

"What?" Amara questioned.

"My friends call me MJ, that counts as you, now, if you want."

"I would love to... MJ."

—————

The lesson passed by pretty quickly, but that was probably because Amara and MJ spent the whole lesson talking about their favourite books and which ones they can borrow from each other.

When the lesson was over, MJ said that she was gonna go to detention after school. When Amara asked what she got it for, though, MJ said she didn't actually have detention, she just went there to "sketch people in crisis".

Amara laughed at this and said that she may come and join her one day.

When they went their separate ways, Amara realised how empty the hallways were, and then realise that she was a few minutes early.

Perfect! Maybe now I'll have time to properly think about Spiderman and whether my theory's correct.

If Amara was right, Peter wasn't gonna give up this information that easily, he wasn't stupid, and he certainly wasn't gonna mess up that badly when he's only known her for a day.

As she thought this, she saw Peter straight ahead. She was going to call out to him, but then realised she could use this opportunity. She was going to discreetly follow him, from far away though, she didn't want to trigger his sense thingy.

Amara put her FRIDAY glasses on and whispered, "FRIDAY? Can you get up a profile of a Peter Parker? What's the probability that Peter'll be Spiderman? Can you just run some stats and shit, please?"

"It looks like Mr Parker would make an ideal candidate in the search for Spider-Man's identity. He seems to not have a lot of free time, Spiderman appearances tend to be before or after school times. In other words, Spiderman's appearances seem to work around Mr Parker's extracurricular activities. And he is seen frequently in areas near Mr Parker's home."

Amara whispered to herself, "at first I thought it might be a coincidence, but this is way too big to be a coincidence."

"Would you like me to update your father, Miss Stark?"