19. Lagos

Softcore - The Neighbourhood

I'm always gone, out on the go
I'm on the run, but you're home alone
I'm too consumed with my own life
Are we too young for this?
Feels like a can't move
Sharing my heart
It's tearing me apart.

Amara Stark wasn't aware that Pietro was feeling sidelined and she felt awful about it. As they baked cookies and sang karaoke that night, they made a promise to tell each other everything once again.

At that moment Amara told him everything: all about her new friends, her recent patrols, and that MJ knew everything too.

"What!? You told your friend? What did Stark say?"

"Uh... I haven't actually told anyone, yet..."

"You blew your cover, by choice, and didn't think it was important to tell your mission commander?"

"No, it's not, because this has nothing to do with the mission, that's my personal life."

"Okay, how about telling your dad about your personal life?"

"Peepee, I think you're taking this a little too seriously."

"I don't think you're taking this seriously enough."

"Would you relax! I'm gonna tell him."

"It better be soon."

"Oh, come on! He'll be fine! It's not like he hasn't told the whole world his identity."

"If he'll be fine, then why don't you tell him."

"I'm going to, would you chill!"

"Okay, fine."

They sat in silence for a little while until Amara said, "You want to meet MJ?" Amara loved how, no matter what the two of them said to each other, neither of them ever took it personally, they just moved on.

Pietro thought for a second, "Yeah, let's do it."

"Great, I'll tell her, she'll be excited. Now give me a cookie, and next time we're not adding paprika, I don't what possessed you to do that."

"It's a Sokovian delicacy, you're lucky you got to try it."

"You can't just add paprika to everything and call it a Sokovian delicacy."

"Paprika is a Sokovian delicacy, for your information."

"N-no paprika is from Mexico and became popular in Hungary, Sokovia is nowhere on that map. Paprikash is a Sokovian delicacy, but not paprika, I'm sorry."

"I can't believe you know so much about paprika."

"And I can't believe you don't for someone who claimed it was a staple of your home."

"Is that skirt new?" Pietro asked, once again, talking about something new.

"Yeah, I bought it yesterday, what do you think?" Amara smiled grateful for how their relationship was.

"I like it, looks good on you."

"Thanks!"

"Go to bed, you have school tomorrow!"

"You know, Peepee, I am actually kind of tired so I'm gonna go to bed, but not because you told me. Just because I want to."

Pietro turned to speed out the door and said, "night," before closing the door behind him.

Amara slept well that night.

—————

Amara was ready on time the next day, she had picked out a perfect outfit, had time to put on all of her makeup - including eyeliner -, had a delicious breakfast and managed to chat with Pietro once more, until it was almost time to leave.