21. It's May? Already?

Nothing - Bruno Major

We'll play Nintendo, though I always lose
'Cause you watch the TV, while I'm watching you
There's not many people, I'd honestly say I don't mind losing to
But there nothing like doing nothing with you.

As it turns out, Peter's idea to make chocolate chip cookies for dessert wasn't a bad idea. And as Peter placed the tray of cookies in the oven, Amara took the opportunity to look at the numerous baby photos of Peter displayed around the apartment.

Her eyes landed on a photo of Peter when, she guessed, he was only nine; he was smiling so wide she could see his two missing teeth and he had these Iron Man pyjamas that looked a few sizes too big for him. "Okay, this is adorable," Amara said picking up the frame and showing it to him.

Peter walked up to Amara, embarrassed at her finding that, "Seriously? I told May to hide all the embarrassing pictures."

"Wha- it's cute!" Amara said looking at the photo she was holding and then back up at Peter. she held up the frame next to his face, "You haven't changed one bit!" She smiled.

"I don't know whether to be offended or not."

"Don't be!" Amara smiled once again, her eyes lighting up, "like I said, you're adorable." Amara had no idea what possessed her in the moment to reach up and touch Peter's cheek. Whether it was to show that she was being sincere, or for some other reason, she had no clue, but she did know that she saw a slight glimmer in his eyes when she did. She pulled away quickly, clearing her throat, hoping to ignore what had just happened.

Peter stepped back to look at the timer on the oven: 22 minutes. "We've got some time to kill, wanna play a game?"

"Yeah sure," Amara smiled, playfully.

"I've got some games in my room, do you want to come and pick?" Peter asked.

Amara raised her eyebrow at him, "Peter Parker. Are you inviting me into your room?"

Peter turned the shade of a fire truck almost instantaneously, "N-no! I swear!"

Amara laughed at his sudden nervousness, "It's okay! Peter, it's fine! Let's go," she said, gesturing for him to lead the way.

They headed towards the small corridor that Amara noticed on her way inside, at the second door on the right, Peter opened his bedroom door and gestured for Amara to enter before following behind her. He switched the light on and made everything visible to Amara.

The room wasn't massive, but Peter had made it his own. Amara noticed a small desk in the corner, along with a small single bed with unmade, red bed sheets. There was a bookshelf towards her left she saw an open rack of clothes which displayed all of Peter's jeans, T-shirts and sneakers. She also noticed a Star Wars poster on the wall and some loose Lego pieces on his desk. Peter obviously saw her looking around and made a feeble attempt at discreetly cleaning the area.

"Your room's really cool! I love the posters," as she looked up to admire them, she noticed a string leading from his dresser to a ceiling tile that was slightly cracked open. Leaning on the wall next to this tile was a tall broom. If Amara had to take a guess, Peter's suit was up there, for sure.

"Uhh...Thanks," he said following her gaze to the ceiling, "there was a leak, we're still waiting on the repair guys to come and fix it."

"Oh?" Amara said.

"Yeah. So-uh, what do you wanna do?" Peter asked, changing the subject.

Amara tried to think, but then realised that she didn't know any as she's never played a party game before, no one had time to play with her, they were always training. That was when Amara started her training. Maybe that's why Amara was more comfortable in the training room than anywhere else; it's practically where she grew up. "I don't know, I've never had the chance to play anything before."