51. Reconciliation

Right Here - Chase Atlantic

It's happening again
Well, I don't give a fuck about your friends
I'm right here, here
Oh, baby, take a look around
I'm the only one that hasn't walked out
I'm right here, here.

As the four of them made their way back outside, Bucky caught up to Amara and watched the girl as she walked, her head held high.

"I wanted to say thank you. For helping me, and for understanding. I really-"

"Stop talking. I don't want to hear it. And don't thank me for helping you, and for understanding, because I don't. Nor do I want to. I didn't do this for you. I did it for my family. As far as I'm concerned you're still the guy who murdered my grandparents," Amara said harshly, before speeding up and leaving Bucky to trail behind her, a sullen look on his face.

As they exited the base, Amara saw T'Challa, standing and waiting for them with Zemo outside of the Quinjet.

"Your highness," Tony said, "Wasn't aware you were invited to our little get together."

T'Challa nodded at Tony and Steve.

"Miss Stark. I see you were successful," T'Challa said.

"Yeah, kind of," She said. Amara gestured to the restrained Zemo on the ground next to him, "So were you, it seems. Thank you for your invaluable help."

"Thank you for allowing me to see the truth. My father's true murderer has been captured. My country is indebted to you. All of you. Should the Avengers ever need any assistance from our humble country, Wakanda would be happy to deliver."

Tony and Steve nodded once at T'Challa, a sign of mutual respect and Amara opened the entrance to the Quinjet, ushering the others in. Tony grabbed Zemo on his way inside and threw him straight into the containment cell at the back.

"You'll be okay getting home?" Amara asked the king of Wakanda.

"I will be just fine, Miss Stark," he said.

Amara nodded and smiled before he turned around and walked away in the opposite direction. But her eyes caught onto something.

A set of, what appeared to be, footprints. Only they were far too big to be regular footprints.

There was a possibility that it was nothing. Just a pattern made with the snow by the wind, but Amara knew it was something else. She just didn't know what.

She decided that she only had the energy to deal with one problem at that moment, so she shook her head, closed the latch and headed to where everyone else was standing, awkwardly.

She looked at Steve and how he was looking at Tony, as if he needed to say something, but Tony just walked over to the cockpit and sat there, not wanting to talk to anyone.

Bucky had moved towards the side, almost hiding away from the others.

"Amara?" Steve asked as he approached the girl.

Amara looked at him and sighed in annoyance, "What is it, Steve?"

"I just wanted to apologise."

"You knew. This whole time and didn't tell him. That's a real dick move, Steve," Amara chastised.

"I know, I thought it would be easier for him to not know."

"It was easier for you, Stevie. He had a right to know."

"I know that, now. You're right. I shouldn't have hidden something like that from Tony, I was just afraid of what he might do. When I kind of figured it out, I didn't know him all that well. I didn't know how he'd react and then the closer we got the more scared I got of ruining the Avengers."