12. Captain America - The Plant Dad

Circus - Britney Spears

All eyes on me in the centre of the ring of the ring
Just like a circus
When I crack that whip, everybody gonna trip
Just like a circus
Don't stand there watching me     , follow me
Show me what you can do
Everybody let go, we can make a dance floor
Just like a circus

When Amara stepped out of the Maserati that was parked outside of the school, Peter was less shocked than those around him were at the girl's hidden wealth.

And when Amara walked towards where Peter was standing with Ned and MJ, Peter could see her eyes sparkling, she looked happy.

Now they were walking toward their lockers to collect their things. That was until Ned said, "Hey, MJ? I think we should go this way."

MJ turned around in confusion, "What do you mean? This is the way to our lockers."

Ned looked directly at Peter and winked, "I know, but I think we should take the scenic route."

Peter's eyes widened in realisation. Ned was trying to get him and Amara alone together.

Before MJ or Peter could object, Ned grabbed her hand and led her in the opposite direction.

Peter harshly whispered, "No! No, Ned!"

Despite Peter's protests, Ned just smiled and gave him a thumbs-up as he and MJ turned around the corner.

Peter reluctantly turned back to Amara and tried to laugh the incident off but this only resulted in an awkward chuckle.

Amara smiled though, "So that was... weird..."

"Totally weird!" Peter said, kicking himself at how enthusiastically that came out.

"You okay, Parker?" Amara asked and Peter's cheeks turned red at the nickname.

"Yep, all good...Rogers..." God that sounded so awkward! She's gonna think you're so weird! Pull it together!

"So...should we go?" She asked, gesturing for Peter to lead the way.

He soon realised this and walked slightly ahead of her, guiding her to where her locker was.

As they walked, Peter saw Amara's eyes land on the block of lockers that he hides his web fluid under and Peter suddenly felt extremely warm. Does she know something? No, come on you're just being paranoid! She doesn't even know you, if she had a question, surely she'd just ask...right?

Peter scratched his neck, desperate to end the awkward silence that fell between the two of them, "So... did you get the homework done?"

Amara replied nonchalantly, "What homework?"

"For Physics? You didn't get it done?"

She just shrugged, "No, I guess not. It's fine, I'll do it in the lesson."

Peter was shocked at how little she was bothered by this, "I mean, it was pretty confusing.."

Amara looked at Peter and gave him a half-smile that made his stomach drop, "Well, did you have a problem with it? Was it hard for you?"