45. The End of Sharon and Steve

The Other Woman - Lana Del Rey

The other woman will always cry herself to sleep
The other woman will never have this love to keep
And as the years go by
The other woman will spend
Her life alone

As expected, the rest of the journey passed by without any hiccups and when they arrived in Berlin, Peter, Happy and Amara walked down the stairs of the jet holding their luggage and walking towards the arrivals.

Peter had his camera out, filming everything around him.

"No one has actually told me why I'm in Berlin or what I'm doing," he said to Amara before putting his camera away.

"We're kicking Captain America's ass," Amara shrugged.

"Well, yeah, but, like we're fighting him like we're on opposite sides now?"

"Steve's misguided, but he's so convincing he's got everyone else thinking the same. We just have to get through to him. And fighting seems like our best option right now."

"And if we don't? Get through to him? Then what?"

Amara smiled, bittersweetly, "Then that's the end of the Avengers."

—————

Happy had informed Peter and Amara that the hotel was only a few minutes walk away from the airport, so they would just walk there.

As Happy led the way, Peter and Amara followed not too far behind as they walked through the city.

"So, have you ever been to Berlin?" Peter asked Amara.

"A couple of times," she nodded. "I know you've not been on a plane before, but you travelled across the States?"

Peter looked down and shook his head, "Nah, never left New York. This is my first time leaving."

"How are you finding it?"

"Scary," he admitted. "But, exciting."

Amara smiled just as they passed the entrance to a local market, "Too bad you're not gonna get to see anything. We're supposed to go straight to the hotel and then get ready to fight in a few hours."

"Yeah," Peter said, fiddling with his fingers.

"Unless..." Amara looked over at where Happy was walking in front of them, then back to the market entrance aa Peter looked at her. Her voice became quiet, "We could leave right now, explore the city and then find our way to the hotel."

"I don't think Mr Happy'll be too happy about that."

"Mr Happy doesn't have to know," Amara raised her eyebrow.

"Are you sure Mr Stark won't be mad?" Peter asked. "I don't want him to change his mind about me."

"He'll be fine. Besides you can just say it's my fault, he can't stay mad at me for long. He feels too guilty 'cause he knows he would do the same thing."

"I mean, it would be nice to see the city, even just for an hour."

"Exactly. That's how long we'll be, Tony won't know any different. I promise."

"Alright, fine. But if we get in trouble-"

"We won't."

"-I'm not talking to you for the whole trip."

Amara stared at him for a second, "Deal. Now come on!"

She stood up and grabbed Peter's hand as she led him slowly away from Happy's retreating figure.