47. Official Fugitives

Cruel World - Lana Del Rey

Shared my body and mind with you
That's all over now, I did what I had to do
I could see you leaving now
I got your bible and your gun
And you love to party and have fun
...
Because you're young, you're wild, you're free
You're dancing circles around me
You're fucking crazy
Oh, oh, you're crazy for me.

Amara had lost Peter. Well, she hadn't lost him, technically. He was still at the airport. She was pretty sure he was still at the airport.

Shit, maybe she had lost him.

When they were both shot out of the terminal window, they had also been split up. She had, basically, travelled around the whole airport, fighting anyone on team Cap that she passed but she still couldn't find him.

Now she was looking for members of team Cap, simultaneously, because they can't take the Quinjet. They can't.

"Who are you looking for?" Pietro's voice sounded from behind her.

She stood up straight and turned to face him, "Don't get too excited, it's not you."

"Yeah, that's what I thought," he replied. "Too bad, I might have gone easy on you if I knew you missed me."

Amara smiled and hummed, "Hm, rebelled against the team for two days and already so cocky?"

Pietro didn't reply. He didn't even smile. He simply got ready in a fighting stance, crouching low.

"You really think you can beat me?" Amara asked, not sarcastically, but rather in a genuinely worried tone.

She didn't want to fight him. She wanted him to put that super speed to good use for once and run as far away from her as he could. Because she knew that if they fought, she would inevitably prevail, and therefore, she would inevitably have to restrain him and hand him over to the authorities.

Unless, maybe if she arrested him, she could plead with Ross. He never actually did anything illegal, yet. He hasn't aided in releasing a criminal. So far, all he had done was fight with members of his own team.

Pietro cracked his neck, looking determined, "I guess, we'll see."

"Please, Pietro," She quietly pleaded, under her breath.

But Pietro clearly didn't hear as he sped straight towards her.

Amara quickly formed a ball of water and threw it at his face as he came forward, stunning him for a moment.

She took that opportunity to create another ball, but of fire, this time.

When she threw it in his direction, though, Pietro quickly whizzed around the ball repeatedly until the fire was extinguished.

Amara scrunched her eyebrows and scoffed, "That's new."

"Yeah, you like?"

"No," She said, narrowing her eyes.

"Please! You just hate that you're not winning," Pietro said.

"Hah, you're not exactly doing better."

"Not doing worse, either."

Amara tried to think of every possible scenario in which Pietro could be okay.

Whether it was her frustration at the accords or the fact that she hated the idea of having to figure out what would happen next if they lost - if they got away -, she didn't know, but Amara suddenly got the inspiration to try something new, herself.