Chapter 3: Second Meeting

A trail of smoke and dust was left from the eight passing cars, covering the scene which had just happened, the police sirens covering the screams coming from the three girls.

"Sakura" Chiharu said in a whisper after having so many times called out Sakura's name. She dropped to the floor with tears forming in her eyes.

Rika was holding a crying Naoko, too shocked to say a word.

*****

"This is not good" a man on a bike said to his companions who nodded.

The three looked at the scene in front of them, wishing the dust and smoke would just disappear quickly.

*****

Chiharu wiped her tears with the back of her hand, trying to control herself, until something caught her eye.

"What's that?" Chiharu said pointing in front of them, slowly getting up.

"Where?" Rika looked in front of her but saw nothing.

"There, down there" she said, the air was starting to clear up.

Rika gasped, seeing a body lying on the floor. "Sakura!" she exclaimed, pulling her friends towards her.

The air was totally cleared up, giving them a full view of their friend.

*****

'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I can't believe I died!' Sakura exclaimed. 'Wait, can I still think when I'm dead?' she added to herself in wonder.

She opened her eyes and saw a fog, feeling the rough surface beneath her.

"I thought lying on the clouds would feel much softer" she muttered, feeling for a bruise on her behind, wincing as she did.

"Sakura!" someone called.

She coughed a bit because of the dust before slowly getting up.

"God Sakura! We thought you would be run over" Naoko wailed, flinging her arms around Sakura's neck.

'Ok then, I'm not dead' she thought sarcastically while hugging her friend in reassurance.

"Sorry for letting you worry. I would've thought I was a goner as well if Tomoyo hadn't called out to me. I guess I spaced before I made a move" she added the last bit in a mutter, looking down. Her head suddenly snapped up to her friends. "By the way, where is Tomoyo?"

The three girls shrugged at this before…

"Tomoyo!" Naoko gasped seeing the sight of the girl on the sidewalk floor.

The other girls whirled around and saw her. They all dashed to the other side and knelt down beside her, shaking her vigorously.

"Tomoyo, Tomoyo! Wake up! I'm alive! See? I'm here! Just open your eyes and you'll see me, in the flesh!" Sakura said hastily, trying to prove her unconscious friend that she was truly still alive. She saved her life, and what does she do in return? She killed her instead. To make things worst, it was that Syaoran guy who almost ran her over, she couldn't believe he didn't even bother to slow down when he saw her.