Chapter 37: One on One

Aki aimed his shot in between the man's eyes before leaning back on the wall panting.

"You alright?" Jay asked as he pushed himself off the wall, trying to steady his breathing.

Aki smirked at him in return.

There weren't much Kins in the room as they expected when they came in, but they were still outnumbered. That didn't stop them from winning over them though. But not without wounds.

His smirk faltered as he placed pressure on the wound on the right side of his torso. He had another wound on his left leg but it wasn't as painful as the one he was holding on to.

Jay saw him and walked over to him in a poorly-concealed limp.

"I'm fine" Aki insisted as he took out a handkerchief from his pocket and tied it around his left leg. "You better cover that up too, you're bleeding like hell" he said nodding at Jay's leg.

"You're doing much worse than me" he replied, looking at the wound Aki's holding onto by his torso.

"Hold up your shirt Aki" Syaoran ordered as he approached him, holding onto a shirt he got from one of the dead Kins on the floor. He ripped the shirts a couple of times and started circling it around his friend's torso and tying it as tightly as he can, making Aki curse at the pain.

"You're a monster" he retorted at Syaoran who looked like he didn't suffer from any wound at all.

Syaoran smirked at this before he took Jay's handkerchief and tied it on the wound on the man's leg.

"My wounds aren't as bad as yours that's all" he said before tossing his guns on the ground and helping himself to the guns the Kins owned which were more loaded than theirs. Aki and Jay did the same before the three made their way to the door at the end of the room.

Jay looked at Syaoran from the back suspiciously, seeing a large stain of blood on the right side of his stomach. He turned to Aki, who also looked like he saw it.

"Syaoran, you have blood on your shirt" Jay said casually.

"That's from the last guy I killed. I tried to force him into telling me where Shikou was" he answered shortly without even so much as a glance at which stain they were talking about.

Both men shook their head at him. He really was stubborn.

*****

"Let's move in" Kimi told her sisters after another pillar fell and this time, flattening one their men who was taking cover behind it. "All these pillars are unstable and they figured that out"

Katsumi nodded at her and turned to her twin sister. "Are you alright enough to fight?" she asked unsurely but already knew her reply.

"Fuck yeah" Kyoumi said with a murderous look in her eyes.

Katsumi smirked at her before taking aim at the large cracked areas of the pillars left standing in their opposite end. The pillars started to crack down further before crumbling. The fall caused the ground to shake, making the pillars they were hiding behind start to crumble as well.

As it did, they jumped out of their hiding place spotting their targets as they did and started firing.

*****