Chapter 9: Discoveries

It was Friday afternoon. It had been four days since Sakura found out that her mother had died. She didn't go to school since the heart-breaking news came to her from Touya's call. She stayed home accompanied by Tomoyo as well as Mei Lin, Eriol, Mika, Aki and of course Syaoran since they had already finished school. Rika and Naoko had to go to school since they didn't have a good enough reason to tell the principal to stay home because they weren't related to Sakura. Tomoyo was allowed to leave school with her for awhile since Sakura's mother was her aunt.

Sakura was devastated at the loss, she hardly ate, she rarely talked and she never went out of the house. Touya had volunteered to come back to Japan from China to be with her but was not allowed. Her father also wanted to but also wasn't allowed to. This made her more miserable. Even what was left of her family wasn't allowed to even see her.

A knock came from the door.

"Come in" she said in a whisper, but the knocking continued. She sighed, not being able to talk much louder. She got up and walked over towards the door.

"Sakura?" Tomoyo said, seeing her best friend.

"Hai" Sakura replied softly, slowly walking towards her bed.

"Sakura, this has to stop" she said worriedly, following her to the bed.

"I-I just can't help it"

"Yes you can and you will"

"How?"

"We're going to China"

"I'm forbidden to visit my family, remember?"

"Well, we're technically not going there to see your family, we'll be going there to meet Syaoran's family"

"You mean-" Tomoyo nodded with a grin.

"He agreed to take both of us with him and Eriol to go to China. We'll just tell the Japan government that we'll just go there for a vacation with the boys. They don't even know that Touya called you to tell you about what happened to auntie"

Sakura cried again…but this time, she cried because of happiness.

*****

"Syaoran, I want to thank you again" Sakura whispered from beside him.

Syaoran smiled and said nothing instead just nodded his head. It was the only thing he can do.

"Flight 164 to Hong Kong China will arrive at Hong Kong National Airport in five minutes. Passengers, please secure all seatbelts and trays for landing" a beep sounded as the pilot's voice was cut off.

*****

"Young master Li" the butler said as he bowed down. "Your mother is waiting for you in the main lounge. Your father is out of the country for an important business meeting and your sisters are out on vacation outside the country as well" he informed.

"Hai. Thank you"

Syaoran led Eriol and the girls into the huge mansion. Sakura and Tomoyo were awed. Sure they were rich, they also knew Syaoran was richer than both of them but the place was about five times as huge as their mansion. It looked like a palace!