Chapter 24: Explanations

Feeling the sunlight creep through even with his eye closed, Syaoran began to wake up with one of the biggest head aches in his life.

"Oh shit" he hissed under his breath, clutching the top of his head and shutting his eyes.

He felt someone beside his bed stir.

"S-Syaoran?" the voice spoke.

When Syaoran opened his eyes, he only saw honey colored hair below him as the girl wrapped her arms around his waist. He shook his head slowly and blinked a couple of times to clear his vision and only then realized that the girl holding on to him was sleeping beside him before he woke up.

She finally pulled back and looked up at him.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah" he replied as he lifted himself off the bed and only then realized that he wasn't wearing a shirt and only silk forest green pajama bottoms. He looked up at the girl and noticed that she was wearing the top, which was also of silk forest green and was obviously too big for her small frame.

She smiled at him, noticing his gaze on her.

"I had the weirdest dream" he whispered out of the blue.

"Hmm? What about?" she asked.

"It was...well...anyway, what happened yesterday Jessie?"

Jessie sighed and got off the bed and circled to walk over to his side.

"You had a lot of wounds but Wei pretty much healed everything, you just need a lot of rest to completely heal, and you also shouldn't move around so much or else your head ache will worsen. Direct orders from Wei...and you mother"

"Fine, but I'm hungry"

"I'll get someone to bring up food" she suggested, about to leave the room.

"No" he said as he abruptly grabbed her by the wrist, making her look back at him. "I want to go down and see everyone as well. I can manage going down stairs"

He gave a small smile before walking past her towards the door in a slow pace.

She sighed and decided to talk back at what he wanted to do, she never did go against whatever Syaoran wanted, she always agreed to everything he says. For her, it was a way of making him approve of her. What guy would reject a girl who says yes to everything he wanted?

*****

"I wonder how Syaoran is? He still hadn't woken up" Tomoyo said from beside Eriol.

Everyone was gathered in the dining hall, eating together and properly, since there were a lot of them and also because Yelan ordered them all to eat together since it was the proper thing to do during meals.

The people present were, Yelan, Fujitaka, Touya, Fuutie, Mei Lin, Jay, Aki, Rika, Mika, Naoko, Eriol, Tomoyo, Takashi and Chiharu with two chairs left unoccupied, one at the end of the table and the other seat to its right, beside Tomoyo were empty.

"Well, so far he's alive" said a voice from the open doors connecting to the hall way.

"Syaoran!" Yelan said as she stood up and walked over to hug her only son. "I'm glad you're alright! It's almost 1 o'clock, we were waiting for you to wake up before we start lunch and you came just in time. How are you feeling?"