Chapter 39: For You

Sakura groaned as she landed on the flat surface of the roof with a thud.

Looking up, she saw Saori pointing a gun at the two men who were currently fighting with everything they've got.

"Don't even think about it" Sakura hissed, with Takashi's gun pointed at her.

Saori turned around, shocked. She held on to the gun, this time pointed it at Sakura with a trembling hand, a forgotten detonator on the other.

"Y-You're alive?" she said furiously and in disbelief.

"I see you're surprised" she retorted with a glare, trying to stand up but found that she couldn't. The fall must've twisted her leg.

"How could you be? I was sure you took the drug! It was supposed to kill you. You ate the entire candy, how can you possibly live?" Saori rambled, her voice full of confusion. She couldn't believe it was really Sakura in front of her now.

Sakura watched as the woman in front of him started getting hysterical. She, on the other hand, was furious. This was the bitch that killed her and Syaoran's unborn baby? The blood in her boiled at the very thought and she couldn't hold her anger in anymore.

"Bitch" she hissed, feeling tears reach her eyes at the thought of her baby's death.

She fired. Thrice.

Sakura watched as each of the bullets hit her chest before she fell forward, dead.

*****

"Hurry up!" Takashi ordered as stretcher after stretcher were filled with his friends before being brought inside the building and into the rooms for treatment. "How long until you fill the chopper enough to fly?" he asked the pilot who just ordered men to bring up the fuel.

"Half an hour at least"

"Make it 20" Takashi ordered.

"Yamazaki-kun" Mr. Toruki interrupted. "I have just been informed of the situation. My men and I shall be the ones to return and fetch Ms. Kinomoto" he announced.

By the look on his face, he was clearly disappointed at the turn out of the 'rescue'. This only irritated Takashi more.

"Don't give me that look Toruki" he hissed at the older man in front of him. "I'm going back there and I'm taking Wolves with me. And I don't give a damn that it's your bloody chopper or pilot that we're using. Sakura's my friend and so are the two men who are left in there with her. So butt out of our business and let us take care of it or else I'll have Sakura fire you the moment we bring her back!" he shouted at him, unable to keep his cool anymore.

*****

Syaoran and Tsuyoshi stopped and turned to the sound of gunshots fired across where they stood.

"You!" Tsuyoshi hissed, seeing Sakura on the ground with a gun held pointing at him.

Syaoran took his chance and jump-kicked Tsuyoshi straight on the face, making him fall back on the ground. He looked over to where Sakura was, not believing she was there until he got a second look. And indeed she was there. She looked at him with the usual sweet smile on her face, until it switched to one with horror.

"Syaoran!" she screamed as she held the gun firm in her hands and took a shot. But nothing came out, it kept clicking every time she pulled the trigger. She was out of bullets.