Chapter 25: Surprise, Surprise

"What are you doing here?" she asked in a disapproving tone.

"You let me in" he pointed out, searching her eyes of anything that may explain to him of her attitude ever since she came back.

"I expected Tomoyo to be in here, not you" she replied simply, face void of any emotion. In normal circumstances, she would be happy that they are finally alone together. She would've kissed by now too, even more. But…but…she couldn't, not anymore.

"What's wrong with me being here?"

"Every reason you and I could possibly think of. Believe me I can think of thousands of reasons why shouldn't be here with you in this particular position"

Syaoran looked at her one last time before removing himself off of her into a standing position.

Sakura straightened her night gown before following suite.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were alive?"

"Why are you asking?" she asked in a voice that says that she didn't care.

"Why didn't you come here and at least tell us so we wouldn't worry?"

"Did you really worry as much as I expected you to?" she asked in the same tone.

"Why did you tell Mei Lin and not me or Tomoyo?"

"So what if it is her that I told and not you?" she said, still with an emotionless face and voice.

"Why did you have to make us wait for so long?"

"Why did you move on so quickly?"

"Why-" he stopped. He hadn't expected that. "I…I thought you…I…Why didn't you bother thinking about how we all felt when we all thought you were dead?"

"Why are you avoiding my questions?"

"Why are you avoiding mine?"

"What do you care if I avoid your questions?"

"Why are you being difficult?"

Sakura stopped. She was insulted at his statement and also because she was, as she had just noticed, now pinned to the wall.

"What do you care of what I do?"

"What is wrong? What happened to you?"

"No, that's not the right question" she said, giving off a sigh before looking at him directly in the eye. "The question here is…what happened to you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Syaoran, when I woke up a week later when I thought I died, I loved nothing more than to come back and tell the Wolves that I hadn't died. But I can't…I wasn't allowed to"

"Why?" this has been the question Syaoran was itching to ask since lunch time.

"They discouraged me to"

"Why?"

"But I still didn't do what they ordered though. I was training all this time. Not so much but I still did. I wanted to help so much which is why I dressed like a guy and as a spy so they didn't notice it was me. Sooner or later, they discovered it was me but I didn't listen to them. They even prohibited me to go out to you yesterday but I still did"