Chapter 12: Precious

Li

Well…Well…Well…seems like I have something that's yours. So, what are you gonna do about it? I was planning on making her my own, I have to admit, you have good taste in bitches…then again, what's the fun in that? Before I do just that, I want you to see me…close and personal…alone. Meet me tomorrow, dock 4 at 8 o'clock in the evening. Come alone unless you want your bitch dead.

Tsuyoshi

Sakura clenched her teeth and crumpled the piece of paper and threw it on the floor as she fell along with it.

"Sakura, it's all right" Tomoyo reassured as she bent down and rubbed her back in comfort.

Jay bent down and took the note and read it to himself.

"No it isn't Tomoyo, I was supposed to be the one being kidnapped, but they got Mei Lin instead…it's all my fault" Sakura stood up and wiped her tears with the back of her palm then ran off.

"Sakura! Come back!" Tomoyo called out but Sakura didn't listen and turn back.

Jay held Tomoyo by the shoulder.

"She needs time alone. We have to go to Mei Lin's cousin and tell him about all this" Jay said as he handed the note to Tomoyo. "C'mon, we can ride in my car"

Tomoyo looked back to where Sakura ran before she followed Jay towards the exit. She took out her cell phone and wrote a message and sent it to Sakura.

*****

Sakura looked back at her best friend from behind one of the food stands. When Tomoyo turned around and walked away with Jay, she stood up properly and began to walk around the park.

Then her call phone rang.

Sakura took it out and noticed it was a text message.

Sakura

It isn't your fault, please understand that. We're heading back to tell Syaoran about all this. Don't do anything rash and stupid or else you'll end up regretting it. We'll meet you back at the mansion.

Tomoyo

"Tomoyo…" Sakura whispered as she pocketed her phone. "Arigato, but I do know it's my fault. I wish I never had decided to follow her"

Sakura continued to walk around the park and her eyes fell on the Ferris wheel.

"Hello miss" the man who was in charge of the gate greeted as he opened the door to one of the compartments of the ride.

Sakura was surprised at how she got there without her knowing. She got in and thanked the man before he closed the door. She went to one of the seats and sat down facing the window. She didn't realize it before but the sun was about to set.

'What did Tomoyo mean by don't do anything rash and stupid? I wasn't planning on doing anything. And…oh Syaoran' Sakura thought miserably. She just got together with Syaoran and now he's gonna get pissed off by her because of this. She has to fix this somehow. 'I'm the one who caused this, then I should be the one to fix it' she thought determinedly as she stood up and pressed her hands on the glass window as she watched the sun go down.