Chapter 17: Betrayal

"Have you seen Sakura?" Tomoyo asked everyone as she re-entered the dining room. She had been going around the house looking for her but just couldn't find her.

"Iie, but I wanted to tell her something earlier but I also can't find her" Rika said from her seat beside Aki.

"We can't find Syaoran either" Mika spoke up.

"They're just probably making out somewhere or something" Mei Lin said, not wanting the rest to bother about the couple.

"I guess" Tomoyo muttered as she sat on the empty chair.

"Where's Eriol?" Naoko asked her.

"Still in the white room…Ren suggested he stay put for today so he'll fully recover by tomorrow"

*****

"I hope I don't regret what I did last night" Syaoran said in a whisper as he drove around the city, thinking about everything that had happened.

He truly loves Sakura but he doesn't want her to get into danger because of his sake, it just wasn't fair to her. She was an original quiet and normal rich girl who was supposed to have nothing to do with danger, but if she stayed with him, everything will change and he didn't want that…he anted her to stay safe and out of harm's way. He knew he owed her an explanation as to why he suddenly left her but if he told her the real reason, it wouldn't make any difference, they would still end up being together.

The up side to everything is at least they won't have any trouble with the Kins for a bit of time, he knew Tsuyoshi was plotting his next move but also knew it would take time for him to put it into motion.

*****

"Tomoyo?" Sakura asked through the cell phone.

"Sakura? Where are you? I haven't seen you all day yesterday! I thought you and Syaoran left together so I didn't worry but when he came home last night and you not with him, I was dead worried!"

"I'm okay…I just wanted a little time for myself"

"Oh, okay…need some company? I'd go after you…err…wherever you are"

"No thanks…I just wanted to tell you something"

"What is it?"

"I'm sorry"

"Sorry for what?"

"All the things I've done in the past that hurt you…as well as the things I will do in the future that will hurt you"

"Umm…okay I guess. Sakura, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. By the way, just so you know, I really love you guys. Especially you, Eriol, Rika, Aki, Naoko, Mika, Chiharu, Takashi and the rest of the Wolves"

"We love you too" said Tomoyo surely but rather weirdly. Their conversation was getting weird but she still spoke the truth.

"I'm sorry for doing this to you guys. I hope you'll understand that I have to do this, and I hope you'll forgive me for doing this. I'm not betraying you…I-I just have to do this. G-Goodbye Tomoyo"

"Huh? Wait! Sakura! What are you talking about? Don't hang up yet!" Tomoyo said hastily.

"You'll find out soon. Please don't hate me…tell the rest of the guys that too. Goodbye"