Chapter 31: Race to the Final War

The rumble of cars mixed with loud music and the constant chattering of people echoed through the silent streets of downtown Tokyo. Clearly there was something going on that night.

"Where are the others?" Rika asked.

Chiharu and Naoko merely shrugged.

"They were supposed to be here before us. Maybe t-"

"Heeeeyy!" someone called out from behind them.

The three girls turned and saw the rest of their companions. Mei Lin was waving her arms in the air. She was standing on top of one of the pick-ups, Tomoyo was beside her, video taping and another raven-haired girl beside them who was making out with a certain chocolate haired hunk.

"Hey! Are the guys ready?" Mei Lin asked before jumping off the car and to the ground with the 3 other girls.

"Aki, Mika and Takashi have gone somewhere. They didn't say but they'll be back in a few"

Mei Lin nodded, knowing what they were doing. The guys were checking out the people in the race tonight. She as did the rest of the girls knew that the guys didn't come here for fun alone, they were here to do business, to get rid of the Kins.

"Aww…Sakura, you look so kawaii kissing Syaoran!" someone shrieked from behind them.

The girls all looked up to see Tomoyo taping Syaoran and Sakura very closely as they continued to make out.

"Tomoyo!" Sakura scolded, but also can't help herself from giggling. "Don't call me Sakura, you know that the K-…well, basically the whole of Japan thinks I'm dead. If they find out I'm alive, it would be pointless for me to wear this wig in the first place"

"Fine…but no one can possibly hear over the noise anyways" she said, looking around at all the people in the area, preparing their rides for the race.

She turned back to her best friend but found her yet again engaged in another lip-lock with Syaoran.

She rolled her eyes.

"Yo everybody!" a voice echoed over the noise as a guy shouted into a megaphone. "The race will commence in a few minutes. Participants, bring your rides to the front line!"

Sakura pulled away from Syaoran and looked around, guys and a few girls were bringing their cars to the starting point.

"Are you gonna enter the race?" Sakura asked, looking at Syaoran through her brown contacts.

"Unfortunately" he said, but a look of confidence was plastered on his face, making Sakura smirk at him.

"So, w-"

"Syaoran!"

The couple turned and saw Mika and Aki heading their way.

"They're here" Aki informed, breathless from the run. "89, 07 and 64"

"Good job" he said, looking serious and scanned the crowd. "Where are the others?"

"They're gonna stand by the finish line, there are more of them over there"

"So, who's gonna race the other 3 cars?" Naoko asked, pointing behind her.