Chapter 29: Pain, Inside and Out

"Is it me, or is there something really different going on with the girls?" Aki said, finally bringing up the topic of their girlfriends.

"I didn't mind it at first, but now that you brought it up, Chiharu has been acting…weird lately" Takashi said thoughtfully.

"So has Mei Lin" sighed Jay.

"And Naoko" Mika said, looking worried.

They all looked at each other before turning to Eriol.

"Hmmm?"

"Hasn't Tomoyo done anything strange lately?"

He looked thoughtful for awhile then gave a slight shrug. "I guess, but nothing too weird, except that she's been strangely busy since that meeting we had 4 days ago"

"Something's up, we have to tell Syaoran" Mika suggested.

"And put more weight on his shoulders?" Takashi spoke up. "Let's just try to figure out the girls. If things get weirder, let's tell him then"

*****

"I really think you guys should try to be less obvious" Tomoyo said in a sigh at the girls gathered in the room. "We're so close. They said they're gonna attack by the end of this week, which leaves us 5 days"

"Well, we're trying!" Mei Lin said irritably. "But the fact hat they're going on with this without a plan of telling is still pissing me off"

The others girls also nodded their head.

*****

"Fine" Mika said. "But we have 8 days until we attack the Kins"

"…and the girls still think we're attacking 10 days from now" Jay added.

"Right, and we have to keep things cool until then. We can't afford them to know"

*****

"We can't afford them to know that we're on to them. So, try and act normally okay?"

The rest of the girls looked at each other before looking at Tomoyo. With a sigh, they nodded their heads determinedly.

*****

Syaoran glared at everyone who looked his way as he walked down the hallways to Sakura's room. As he reached his destination, something didn't feel right to him. Looking around, he saw no one but a nurse behind one of the counter's near by and the body guards hired to watch Sakura.

Running his hand through his hair, he looked at the body guard he put in charge of the rest who was standing beside Sakura's door.

"Make sure no one disturbs us" he said curtly.

"Yes sir" the guard said in a monotone.

Syaoran nodded at him, pausing for a while before entering the room.

A minute or so after the door closed, the nurse behind the counter breathed out deeply before turning around to the guard in front of Sakura's room, a grin on her face.

"Thanks loads Brick" she said, her red eyes flashing with mischief.

"Anything for the ladies" he said in a low voice before winking at the girl.