Chapter 19: Shock

They all turned to see Syaoran walking towards them, accompanied by Keichii, Jiyuu and Mike. They could also see Ren, Aya, Emi, Hisami and Ayumi talking together with a few other people by one of the cars behind him.

"Why'd you come here ahead of us?" Aki asked.

"Had to talk with people" he said causally. He smirked at a bunch of girls making them sigh and wave at him.

Tomoyo saw this and was disgusted, she really wanted to head over to him and slap him repeatedly until he begs her to stop. Eriol saw the look on her face and held her hand in his. She looked up to him but all he gave her was a reassuring smile.

"I'll talk to you guys later" Syaoran said as he went over to the group of girls, looking directly at the short haired brunette.

Out of earshot from Syaoran, Tomoyo looked at Eriol after sending one last glare at Syaoran.

"What is he doing?" she asked irately.

"I dunno…probably trying to forget about Sakura"

"But this is totally uncalled for! He's supposed to feel guilty at this point, not out and about to find himself another girl to screw around with!" she said furiously.

"Look, he's just playing, it's nothing serious. Besides, Sakura isn't here…he'll be back to normal when she's around again. Just ignore him for now and try to enjoy…alright?" he asked as he held her chin to face him.

Tomoyo gave a slight nod as she pulled Eriol to the rest of the group. A number of people were talking to them at the moment and she'd rather them than watch Syaoran.

"Yo Wolves!" rang a voice throughout the grounds from a huge speaker surrounding the racing area. "Bike pursuit will begin in a few minutes…bring out your rides to the front line to whoever wants to join. Bets are called for by the side lines"

"You joining?" Tomoyo asked Eriol.

"Nah, hardly anyone ever does"

"Why?"

"Syaoran and I are on the same team. He usually joins the first bike race and usually wins. Only those with guts, high pride and the best bikes dare to join the first race"

"Is he that good?"

Eriol nodded at this. "Some of the bikes here may be more expensive than Syaoran's but it all depends on the driver. Syaoran is reckless and is never afraid to make his move, which gives him the advantage to win every time"

"Well, I wish someone could beat him and put him in his place" Tomoyo said, crossing her arms.

"Don't count on it" someone said from behind her.

Tomoyo turned around only to see Syaoran walking away with the short haired brunette clinging onto his side. She gave off an irritated growl as she and the rest followed him to the front.

*****

"Hey" Sakura said to the guys at the gate. The gate was opened but guards were there in front of their way. "Mind if we pass?" she asked, pointing to her self and to the car behind her which was driven by Sairi.

"Who are you?" asked one of the guys as he approached her. He couldn't see Sakura's face but he still stared at her because of what she was wearing.