Chapter 38: Answers

"Li" Tsuyoshi acknowledged without looking back, hearing Syaoran's footsteps not far behind him.

"Shikou" Li retorted.

"Aren't we being a bit rude?" he asked, turning to his rival for as long as he can remember.

"Cut the crap Shikou" he hissed back, pointing one of his guns at Tsuyoshi and another at the woman with him who was holding a detonator.

Saori had a look of fear on her face but she didn't move an inch.

"You know why I didn't kill you even though I had a lot of chances to do so all these years" Syaoran said darkly, eyeing the man in front of him. "Now give me answers! What the hell is your motif? Why are you trying so hard to get rid of me and my family? I want to end everything between you and me Shikou. I'm sick and tired of you and your people trying to target my family year after year when none of us even know the reason!"

After hearing this, fire blazed in Tsuyoshi's eyes.

"Who the hell was it that when my family's company started struggling to stay afloat, didn't even bother lending help? Who was it that when my father was on the brink of death, didn't bother even giving the slightest support, not even financial aid when he needed it? Who was it that when my mother was driven to the point of insanity due to my father's death and our family company's bankruptcy didn't even bother lending aid or even take responsibility? Who was it that didn't care that she had died without leaving a single penny for her children when she died? Who was it that didn't care about my parents'- who were practically kin to your family -children when they were left alone to wander on their own with no one else to turn to for help?" At this point, Tsuyoshi tried to calm himself. "Your family is the cruel one Li. Reimi and I were left to practically wander about the streets until I decided that it was your family's fault for our downfall. But I have to thank you" he said this with a glint in his eye. "Without my pure hatred for you and your family, I wouldn't have been driven so much to work hard for my own success. That's how I got myself back on my feet and formed the Kins"

Saori listened intently, never knew why Tsuyoshi was so keen on destroying the man across from them.

"Why do you think I named my own gang 'Kins'? Kin is another name for family. Ironic isn't it?"

"You're messed up" was all Syaoran could say to him, now fully understanding Tsuyoshi's hatred for his family although his reasons were all out of proportion, but explaining to him, Syaoran knew, would be pointless.

"I beg to differ, you're family is messed up!" he retorted darkly.

"If you ever bother to look past what your parents forced you to hear and believe, you'd have found out the truth. Everything you told me now made sense to me, although your beliefs are all wrong a-"

"Everything I know came from my own conclusions after every tragedy that has come to my family" he interrupted. "I know for a fact that each of those tragedies, your family is the cause of all of it. So don't even bother clearing your family's name to me Li"

With that said, Syaoran got the idea that that was all Tsuyoshi was willing to talk about. Tsuyoshi deserved to know the real story but he knew he was way past listening let alone believing what he was going to say. He felt pity for the man across him but he will never forgive him for what he has done, for all the attempts he has made on his family, for the damage he has done to the Kinomoto's especially Sakura, who were innocent until he targeted them to bring himself to the top just to beat his own clan.