Chapter 32: Plans Backfire

"Yeah, that's it…come on, you can do it Tomoyo" Sakura pressed on, getting hopeful.

Tomoyo's brows were furrowed in concentration and sweat was already formed on her pale face. One small mistake could ruin everything.

"Come on" Sakura muttered, as she stared on at the screen.

They were in an underground room of the mansion where all the electrical wires and plugs were adjoined since they needed much energy to recharge and power up the satellite for them to use for the mission that night.

Apparently, the Kins figured their technology and enhanced their guarding system to avoid any infiltration from the satellite. So now, they had to do last minute enhancements on the satellite for it to be of any use for them later.

RIIIINNNNGGGGG!

Tomoyo and Sakura both jumped at the sudden sound of the ringing cell phone.

"Course Failed"

"Shit" Tomoyo muttered, seeing the two words flash on the laptop.

"System overload…"

"Double shit" Tomoyo added, seeing the new words display on the screen.

"Make that triple" said Sakura as she saw Syaoran's name flash on and off on her cell phone's screen.

"Answer it or else he'll get suspicious!"

Pressing the accept button, Sakura held the phone to her ear.

"Hello" she replied with a fake cheery tone.

"Sakura, where are you?" he said, coming straight to the point.

"I'm in the mansion…why? Where are you?"

"Funny, so am I and I can't seem to find you" he said contemptuously.

"Err…I'll meet you in the dining hall in 20…me and Tomoyo are doing something…a girl thing" she added, emphasizing the word 'girl' so he'll get the hint and just back down.

"Fine, I'll see you later" he said, she heard him muttering incoherent words about females after that before he hung up.

She sighed heavily and pocketed her phone.

"We're so dead" Tomoyo said.

"Huh?"

"We just caused a System Overload"

"So?"

"So, the electrical currents here will go haywire and will most likely cause-"

The two girls looked up as the bulb providing light for them in the room flickered a bit before it shined brightly…too brightly just before it gave a small pop, leaving the room in total darkness.

"-a black out" Tomoyo finished.

"Oh fuck"

*****

"What the hell happened?" Syaoran growled when all the lights and the TV inside the room shut off.

"Probably a power surge" Eriol said as he walked over to the windows and opened up the curtains, letting the sunlight leak inside the room.