two

"Pull up, at the party with the juice
Looked at me like, "Damn boy, you brought everything but the truth"
Girl, you used to be cool, that's why I started fucking with you" - Bryson tiller

Jordyn
Los Angeles, California
February 18, 2020
Three weeks later

I rubbed my temples with my left hand as my right wrote down some notes these was being said in the work meeting.

Usually I would do all of the talking but today was not my morning. I didn't even go out last night so I'm not sure why I feel so drained. But not just drained, I was also tired and hungry as hell.

My assistant was basically saying everything was supposed to say and I was very much grateful.

"Yes I agree." I said barely paying attention

I was just ready to for this meeting to be over with.

After a good long five minutes, we finally began to wrap things up. I thanked my assistant, Kelsey before heading to my office down the hall.

One of the men from the front office hurried up and caught up to me "Oh your mother is on line 2 for you. She called before but I told her you were in a meeting."

"Okay." I sighed, "Tell her I'm about to call her from my cell phone."

"Yes ma'am." He said and walked away

I sat down on one of the chairs and took my heels off. I grabbed my Gucci slides and grabbed my purse.

I logged out and turned off my computer, turned the lights off, and the locked my office door before walking to the front.

"Going home?" Kelsey asked

"You know me well, sis."

"Well that was your only meeting today. Go home and get some rest."

"Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you." I hugged her

She chuckled and said our goodbyes before we went our separate ways

I usually go to lunch around this time and come back to work my other three hours but I could barely focus. Drained wasn't even the word right now.

I got into my Mercedes which I just treated myself to a few weeks ago — I quickly pressed my screen in the car and called my mom through the Bluetooth.

I reversed out of the parking lot as she answered.

"Well hello to my beautiful daughter that's to busy to answer my calls."

"Hey Mama don't be like that. You know how it's been since you went to New York for business last week."

Elizabeth let out a chuckle "Yeah I know but if we're being honest, I called you last night and you didn't answer."

"Yeah well I was up trying to get ready for this meeting this morning. But, that ended up draining me out and I'm tried."

"If you were being nasty then just say that."