thirty three

Morgan
Two days later
5:22 a.m.

I flushed the toilet before sliding lower on the floor with my back against the wall.

I closed my eyes as sweat dripped down my forehead.

I stayed there for a few minutes before getting up slowly. I groaned holding my stomach and my right hand gripping the counter.

It's been two days and let's just say the drinking been catching up to my ass. Throwing liquor back and not eating was getting me.

I haven't seen or spoken to Jordyn since that night. She stopped blowing my phone up constantly and just call every other hour. I guess she finally decided to give me a little space.

But I'm not going to need space forever. Space isn't going to give me my answers.

From what Jade told me, my parents still have the kids. I haven't spoke to my mom since the night of but I'll make sure to give her a call later on.

I pretty much held onto the counter until I got a little bit of energy to get in the shower. I definitely took my time cause I was still a little dizzy.

Once I got out, I threw on some sweats and a long sleeve shirt.

I walked to the kitchen and decided to make a sandwich. Never too damn old for a pb&j, I don't care what anybody says.

In the middle of eating, my phone rung. I picked it up and seen it was my mom.

"Hello." I said mouth full

"Hey Morgan, how are you doing? I've been calling your ass." She said

"Ma-

"Ma my ass, I've been worried sick about you. I shouldn't have to get through Jade to know if you're okay. She said you aren't home."

"I was going-

"You was going to what? What exactly were you going to do?"

"Are you going to let me get a sentence out?"

She stayed quiet

"I was going to call you but I just got up off the bed or floor should I say."

"Floor? Morgan are you drinking?"

"A little."

"It can't just be a little if you were on the floor. Morgan, I know you're hurting but I promise you things will be okay."

"Why does everybody keep saying that? My wife fucking cheated on me with her ex boyfriend. It's been two days you can't expect me to just take that ma. And it's going to take longer than two days to get over this."

"Okay calm down."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap like that. It's not your fault."

"It's okay. Nobody is saying it's going to be okay or things will be fine this fast. Of course it's going to take time but I'm saying eventually things will be better for you even if you decide to work things out or if you don't. Have you two talked?"