twenty nine

Jordyn
Two weeks later

"Kim, I think it's best for you to go to someone else with your ideas." I said sitting behind my desk

"Why? Are they not good?"

"No I think their good. I just don't necessarily feel comfortable doing work with you knowing that your brother and I have a past together."

"Girl I know you and Karl are over with. You know me and you know I'm not like that."

"I never said you was I just have a business to run and the unnecessarily drama is something I don't have time for. My ex boyfriend sister and I making deals together, the media will run us both but mainly me through the mud."

She sighed "Can you at least think about it?"

"Kim-

"Please for me?"

I sighed "Okay, I'll give you a call whenever I've made a final decision."

"Okay thank you jordyn."

"Mhm." I said as she gathered her things and left out of my office

Just as she left out, my mom walked in with Jenesis.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but was that-

"Kim? Yes it was."

"What does she want?"

"She got a new clothing brand and she want to join with me to collaborate. Her ideas are cute but I'm not sure about that move."

"Yeah I'm not sure about that either. It's been almost a year since you've dealt with Karl and she's just now wanting to talk to you and it's something for her."

I listened to her

"But I'm not going to tell you what to do because you're a grown woman but if you do have some thought on giving her a chance then give Morgan a heads up on what's going on."

"I will. Our communication as gotten so much better and this is something she needs to know."

She nodded "Are you heading home?"

I checked the time on my watch "Yeah, but I have to pick up Mia from soccer practice first."

"How are you doing with being a stay at home mommy now?"

"Stuck." I laughed

She did the same "It'll be better."

"It's actually not bad I just miss Morgan.. a lot and I know it's only been two weeks but-

"You're used to waking up next to her and seeing her physically everyday. I get it but you know she'll be back before you know it."

"I know. She said her training is going amazing and her knee is doing better."

"That's good I'm happy to hear that."

"Yeah me too."

I packed my bags and stood up to pick up Jenesis.