six

Morgan
Los Angeles, California
5:20 p.m.

I chuckled and threw the ball to Brandon before making my way to a bench to sit down

"I know yo ass ain't tired."

"Man I'm sweating out my briefs over here." I huffed

He laughed and sat down beside her "How you and shawty been?"

I smiled knowing he was talking about Jordyn. It's been about three months since it was her first time at my house. Since then we made it our thing to be at each other's houses. We have yet to sleep at them though only because most of the time I have to get up early for practice and meetings.

"We good."

"Official yet or no?"

I shook my head

Brandon chuckled "What you waiting for? Shawty seem like a really good girl. And it's obvious you like her."

"I know but I just- I don't know. How do I know I'm ready for another relationship? I'm not trying to do that and fuck up again like last time."

"Morgan, it wasn't just your fault with what happened two years ago. You took time off, you got better. Somebody came in your life and is actually making you happy. You deserve to have this shit."

I sat back and took in everything he was telling me. He was right. I needed to go with my move and make shit official with Jordyn.

I got something good right in front of my eyes and I couldn't just let it go. Something was coming soon... real soon.

"I hear you." I checked my smart watch and seen it was going on five thirty

"I gotta go but can you do me a favor or so."

"Yeah sure."

I quickly told him what I needed him to do before going to gym showers. I quickly showered up and left.

Once I got in the car, I called Jordyn.

"Hey babe." She answered

"Hey, what are you up to?"

"Um nothing much just sitting here bored. Waiting to go home."

"Were you going to get something to eat or fix something up at home?"

"Cook at home but I really don't feel like it."

Morgan nod as if she could see her

"Cool" she mumbled, "Well I'll come get you from work and take you out to eat. What time do you get off?"

"Honestly, you can come right now."

"Okay, I should be pulling up in a five minutes."

"Okay." She said and hung up the phone