thirty eight

Morgan
Same night, 11: 15 p.m.

I looked down as I seen Jordyn sleeping peacefully with her head close up to my side and her hand on my chest. I slowly got out of that position and out of the bed before walking out the bedroom.

I began to head downstairs but stopped when I heard the tv from Mia's room. I walked in seeing her watching tv.

I chuckled "How long you been up?"

"I just woke up mommy."

I wasn't going to complain simply because I told her if she can't sleep on Friday nights she could watch tv until she do since the next day she doesn't have school. I was actually she was up so we can talk. I know lately she's been distant towards me. Yeah a six year acting distant.

I feel like Jordyn's & I issues been affecting her a little. If she knows anything but we'll see.

"Come on." I said

She hopped out of her bed and put her little slippers before locking her hand into mines. We left out her room before heading downstairs to the kitchen.

I sat her on the counter before grabbing the carton of ice cream out of the freezer. It wasn't much in there which was fine, I just wanted something sweet.

I grabbed two spoons before sitting in next to her on the counter. I leaned against the counter getting some.

"Is mama going to be mad?"

"Probably so but you know I'll take the blame like I always do."

She giggled and I smiled

"Mommy can I ask you something?"

"Of course baby. Anything."

"What's a divorce?"

I raised a eyebrow "What makes you ask?"

"Are you not going to tell me?"

"If you tell me why you're asking."

She nodded "Deal."

I chuckled

"Well don't get mad. Please!"

"I would never get mad at you. Have I ever did?"

She shook her head "No."

"Okay then go ahead and tell me."

"The day you came home I heard you and mama talking here and she said divorce so I asked my friend at school and she said her mommy and daddy got on. And that it's for when your parents don't love each other."

my god she's so damn smart bro

"I didn't believe her so I ask you."

"Hmm well your friend isn't wrong but for most people that divorce, they do still love each other."

"Are you and mama getting a divorce? Do you still love her?"