thirty seven

Jordyn
A week and a half later
LA | counseling

"This is our second session together, do you guys plan on doing more talking?" Yolanda, our marriage counselor asked

I knew she was mostly likely throwing that for me but I couldn't blame her.

We came here a couple days ago and I think we both were nervous but after Yolanda asked basic question about our kids, where we were from and etc Morgan was opening up to her about those things. Meanwhile I just kept it short.

I agreed to do this with Morgan just to see if it fixes us. And the fact that she wasn't planning on giving on us actually gave a little bit more of faith instead of losing it more.

I just wasn't comfortable opening up to a stranger just yet. The worst things could be said here and I'm not sure I wanted to hear them yet.

"I guess I am." Morgan shrugged

"Do you guys stay together? I see that when you two come in your on very far away from each other."

"I've recently moved back in the house."

"How come?"

Morgan rubbed the back for her neck "I was at my condo downtown before going to Philly."

"You're from Philly, right? Were you visiting family?"

"Yeah and not exactly. Some things happened and I left to get my mind right."

Yolanda wrote in her notepad

"Sorry, I don't mean to keep sugarcoating this for you."

She shook her head "No it's fine. You two can tell what happened whenever you guys are ready."

"Well I guess we should speak on it now. I mean that's the whole point of us being here."

"Whenever you're ready. No pressure." Yolanda gave us both a small smile

Morgan leg began to shake continuously. I could tell she was nervous but it had to be talked about.

"Uh... Jordyn cheated on me with her ex boyfriend."

"And that's why you left and went to Philly?"

She nodded "Yeah. I just couldn't be here. I needed to go somewhere to figure out what I wanted to do. I knew staying in the house crying was just going to lead me to doing something I shouldn't do."

"Are you talking about drinking?"

"Yeah but I ended up drinking that night. Usually it's just wine. I haven't drink any hard shit in five years since that night. But I'm mainly talking about pills. I told myself that I wouldn't go back to that but man it was so hard not to hit someone up for some."

I frowned and looked over at her

"But you didn't. How come?"

"I just knew deep down I couldn't do that. I couldn't go down that road again. I couldn't fuck up things even worse and let the people I love down."