twenty six

Morgan
three weeks later
4:20 p.m.

"I got it if you need it, a reminder
Yeah, I'ma remind you 'bout that swang, I'ma remind you 'bout my stroke, I'ma remind you that your body never felt this way before, I'ma remind you 'bout that shit that I've been doin' with my tongue, I'ma remind you I'm that nigga, I'ma remind you I'm the one" - Eric Bellinger

"Alright babygirl we're almost done." I said as I finished up changing Jenesis diaper

"It wasn't that bad. I swear you're probably the only baby I know that don't like getting their diaper changed." I chuckled as I picked her up and rocked her

I left out the room and headed into the living room.

We decided to make the office room downstairs into her baby room for the time being so it can be easier with my knee.

These past three weeks my leg has surprisingly gotten a little bit better. There's still pain standing on it but not as bad as championship game day.

The weird limp was still there and I prayed it went away soon. I felt like a eighty year old man.

But besides that things have been okay. Jordyn hasn't been herself and I believe she's going through her postpartum depression. I understand a baby for her is new and that's why I give her space but also try and be there for her so she knows I still care.

It can be a lot on my part with taking care of a new born, a six year old and dealing with a semi- healed knee but that's what being parents is about. I knew before Jenesis came that it wouldn't be easy but I told Jordyn and myself that I will be here every step of the way.

I looked over my shoulder and seen Jenesis was sleeping peacefully. I walked back into the room and sat her in her crib. I made sure the blanket was on her nicely and the monitor was before leaving out but leaving a crack in her door.

I went outside to quickly throw the baby diaper away and went back inside.

I decided to clean the house up because as of right now it was things all over the place. After cleaning the living room I did the kitchen so I can cook something up for dinner tonight.

Once I got cooking on board the front door unlocked opened followed by my mom's and Mia's voice.

"Mommy!"

"In the kitchen princess!"

Soon her shoes was tapping louder a the closer she got.

"Hey baby girl." I picked her up and kissed all over her face

She giggled and tried running out of my arms

"Okay I'm done. How was your day? Was soccer practice good?"

She nodded "Yeah. Ms Kendra said I can sleep over this weekend."

"Is that your way of asking me?"

"'Maybe." She shrugged

I chuckled "You can go."

"Yes! Thank you!"

"Go get cleaned up so you can eat and then shower." I placed her back on her feet