forty seven

India
Los Angeles, California
Four weeks later

[A/N: LAST CHAPTER 🥲🫶🏾]

I unlocked Jade's condo door with my key. Closing and locking it behind me I began to walk upstairs to her bedroom. She was laying in bed eating ice cream.

She looked up at me "Hey."

"Hey." I said taking my hoodie off and throwing it on the bed along with my keys

"What's up with you?" I asked

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't you just come back from New York? You didn't call and let me know you were even down here. I had to find out from your sister."

"I was going to let you know, India. You're overreacting."

"I'm overreacting? Jade you've been acting weird since I told you about me taking the contract. You said you want me to follow my dreams and do what I want-

"Because I do," she cut me off

"Then act like it. Because right now it's giving you're pretending to be happy for me. I support you whenever you leave LA for different choreography jobs, why can't you do the same for me babe?"

"Because I know that I'm coming back to be with you! Your leaving and going to be in a different most of the time. We just got together and now we have to do long distance? That's not what I expected."

"Then come with me. Let's move to DC."

"What? No, I can't just drop everything I have down here. I can't just up and leave and go move to DC. That's where your dream is not mine."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair "You don't want to do long distance then what do you want to do?"

"I didn't expect to do long distance, I never said I didn't want to try. Don't switch my words around."

I glanced at her "Okay. Besides me leaving what else is on your mind? Because theirs no way that's why you dodge my calls the last few days. Did I do something else?"

"No india you didn't do anything. I've been just been thinking about things within myself that's all."

"Things like what?"

"Nothing." She said

"Jade come on."

"It's nothing India-

"I'm trying to talk and communicate with you but your just pushing me away-

"I want a baby." She said loudly cutting me off

I raised my eyebrow "W-what?"

"I want to have a baby." She said softly looking at me

But I didn't really have a answer or choice of words to say to her.

She sighed and got up "I figured you would pretty much act like this when I told you."