thirty

omniscient pov
five weeks later

"Morgan honey, talk to me." Tamia said over the phone

Morgan shook her head as if her mother could see her. Tears flowing down her face as her leg shook fast

She was crying so hard that she could barely get any words out.

"Sweetie take some breaths, okay?"

Morgan did as told and soon she was calm enough to talk.

"You don't have to tell me what's going on but just... just please don't go doing anything crazy. I'm here." She said

"Okay." Morgan finally said a response

"I love you. Be safe." She said before the phone hung up

Morgan shook her head as the actions of what happened minutes ago did a flashback to her mind.

"I can't believe this shit."

-

one week before
Morgan pov

"You good?" Taja, one of my teammates asked me

We weren't exactly on the same team but she got injured also and was recommended to train out here in New York.

"Mhm." I hummed

"You sure? You ain't seem like yourself these past few days."

I sat down on the bench "Just missing my wife and kids."

She nodded "I get that. Not the wife and kids part but my mom and little brother."

I chuckled taking a sip of water

I was supposed to go home two weeks ago some things came up down here. Mainly deals and talks with other teams and my manager and team that it works be best to stay longer than I planned to get as much training.

I didn't mind because I thought I would be just one more week. I was wrong... it's been almost five and I'm just ready to go back home.

I feel healed.

Better than ever

Of course Jordyn didn't mind at first and she's saying that she still don't mind on how much time I take but I think that me being away made us barely have time for each other. She's either busy with the kids at home and can't take until it's at night and I'm tired. Or she'll call when I'm in the middle of training or dealing with meetings.

Our honeymoon would be perfect right now. I'm so tired of pushing it back.

"Go home." She said breaking me out of my daze

"Huh?"

"Go home. I'm sure you're good with the training and if you aren't then oh well. Family comes first and that's what makes you happy then just go."

I nodded and stood up before giving her a dap

I drove back to my hotel and packed my bags .