ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 04

Dressed in the standard green, black and white school uniform, Byeol paces around her room, her foot clad in white medium length socks and a fluffy indoor slippers muffled her foot steps as she chew her nails in both nervousness and fear.

Today is her first day in Hyosan High School after being in coma for months and it might also be the last. As far as she could remember, it was after the night of the chicken scene when Hyeon-ju barged in the classroom and all hell breaks loose.

Tapping her foot impatiently on the carpeted floor, her eyes focuses on the family picture beside her bed, "Should I just call sick today or should I just flee with my parents? What would I say then? I can't just say that there's going to be a zombie apocalypse. They're already getting suspicious by the way I act, they might send me to asylum next." she talks to no one in particular.

Since she doesn't really have anyone to talk to in the past, she got used to just talking to herself and it became a hobby when she's alone in the safety of her room.

"But Hyeon-ju manages to get out of the school so it's implied that the virus will spread outside too." Byeol wanted to run her hands through her hair but she tied it into a twin braids so if ever today is really the start of the chaos, her hair would be the last thing she will worry about.

"What weapons could I sneak inside the school then?" she asks herself, going to her bag and then to the cabinet to check if there's anything sharp she could use, "A cutter will be too thin to stab people and a pair of scissors would be too risky. A gun will be too hard to sneak in and it will attract the zombies more. Can I sneak in a switch knife?"

She remembers her mother having switch knife in their drawer but she wasn't sure if the school will do a thorough check up to the students. Maybe if she hides the switch knife inside her blouse, they wouldn't see it?

Without having much thoughts, she ran out of her bedroom and down the stairs, rounding up a corner to find her mother on the kitchen having her morning coffee while her dad is wearing an apron and placing a plate of scrambled eggs on the table, "Good morning, my star! I've cook breakfast."

Byeol smiles at her dad, walking to them as she kisses her father in the cheeks before leaning down to give her mother a morning kiss too. If it's any other day, she might've fainted because she just kissed the alternate version of Han Hyojoo and Park Hyungsik on the cheeks but she's really scared and when she's scared, she can't really think straight and just move without thinking.

"Mom, can I borrow your switch knife?" she asks the woman directly. Bom places the mug back on the table first before looking at her daughter.

"Why? Do you feel unsafe?" she asks.

"Well, yes," Byeol admitted but then decided the alternative, "but I'm not going to use it for bad. There's a parcel in my bedroom that I have to open and I can't find the scissors nor the cutter so...."

Bom smiles at her daughter, "Okay. It's on the top drawer on our bedroom."

"Great, thanks Mom! I'll be down in a minute."

Byeol proceeds to sprint upstairs and to the master bedroom to grab the small switch blade before going back to her bedroom to hide the blade inside her blouse. When she's sure that it wasn't obvious, she grab her bag to eat breakfast downstairs.

"Sweety, since you're going to be out the whole day, me and your dad decided to go back to our job," Bom opened after a minute of silence, just them eating breakfast and all.

"Eh?" both Bom and Hyun had took an emergency leave from their job to take care of Byeol while she's recovering and seeing that she had recovered, they decide it's time to go back.