ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 07

Silence covered the whole classroom like a thick blanket as they all space out, flinching in every sound as the snarls and screams outside didn't even stopped for the whole thirty minutes. Byeol sat on her chair, using the wet wipes she brought to clean her face and hands free from blood. She can't risk contamination since any liquid from an infected could be the carrier of the virus.

"We have to call 112," Joon-yeong broke the silence as he keeps holding the front door close, "We're going to die if we stay here."

"We don't have a phone to call the authority, though." Jimin pointed out to which caught Byeol's attention.

She happily unzips her bag, pushing through the things she stashed inside her bag last minute to get to the bottom-inside pocket, grabbing her phone but when she looks up, all of them aside from Gyeong-su and Joon-yeong were rummaging the bags of the other students that weren't here with them, "Guys---"

"I'm sure someone didn't hand their phones to Ms. Park."

"Guys, I have---"

"Did you find one?"

"Guys, I have a pho--"

"I found one!"

Byeol turns her head to I-sak when she suddenly exclaimed as the others crowded around her. She looks down at her phone before she shrug, unlocking it to send a message to her parents.

From all of the zombie movies she had watched, no police or rescue ever showed up on the first few hours after the infection. They will typically arrive at the end of the movie or not at all.

"That's a phone," a soft voice said behind her. When she turn to look at the person, she saw it was Nam-ra. Her face sweaty and pale.

"Yeah?" she responded, unsure of what to say.

Nam-ra raises her brows to Byeol who shrugs, "I tried telling them but they ignore me so it wasn't really my fault."

The class president shakes her head in amusement, sitting beside Byeol as she pushes the phone back to her pocket. She lets the others to solve the problem of unlocking Yeong-ju's phone and Byeol snorted when Cheong-san suddenly walks towards the door and pushes the screen forward to the zombie snarling at his appearance. Dumb.

"You have to get closer," Su-hyeok suggested and Byeol nearly face palmed herself. Dumber.

"It wouldn't recognize her. Her face's covered with blood." Byeol pointed out.

"You don't have to unlock a phone to call for emergency. Just dial 112." On-jo added to which Cheong-san followed, albeit sheepishly.

Cheong-san took the lead in telling the emergency dispatcher of what's happening in the school while Byeol waits for any of her parents to answer the text she had sent but to no avail. So she calls them instead, dialing her mother's number first before resorting to her dad's when she didn't answer, still no response.

"You're calling your parents?" Nam-ra asks besides her.

Byeol nodded, "They wouldn't answer. I'll just try again later. You wanna call someone?" she offers but Nam-ra shakes her head.

"They didn't believe me," Cheong-san sighs as he dropped the call, "They probably thought that it was a prank."

"Try again!" Nayeon nagged, "And tell them to come quickly!"

"Yah, you have to stop yelling. The zombies might come back." Jimin snapped at Nayeon in hush tone.

"Give me that," On-jo snatched the phone from Cheong-san, walking towards the window as she dials something.