ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 21

Byeol walks to the science lab in daze, cheeks dusted with pink as she has her fingers touching her lips. Her eyes widening when the kiss in the music room flashes back to her mind and she can't help but to giggle like a little girl, completely ignoring the wandering zombies that she passes by.

A snarl broke her out from her giggling as she literally jump in surprise when a zombie suddenly appears in front of her and by instinct, her hands automatically whack the zombie's head while the other flew to where her heart lies, "Aish, you fucking scared me you dipshit!" she screams as she kick the zombie on the stomach, sending it to the floor as the snarls on the hallway instensifies.

"Yes, rawr however you like," Byeol sneered, "But can't I have a moment? I just literally experienced my first kiss." at this statement, she giggles again as she walks inside the Science Lab.

There's a part of her telling that Cheong-san didn't really love her but the real Byeol in this universe but they're technically one, just alternate version. She didn't even know if the Byeol in this universe is dead or alive. She'll just tell Cheong-san the truth once she gets the chance but for now, she'll just bask in the electrifying feels of her first kiss.

Once inside the stock room, she plop herself on the swivel chair, grabbing one of the red-eyed hamster and lifting it to herself. The hamster sniffs her but did nothing to bite her.

"You're cute but you're deadly," she tells the hamster, "But how did you become like this?"

She spins the swivel chair as she leans on the backrest, "Did you know that I got my first kiss? I've never experience it on my universe before considering that most of the boys I like didn't want to talk to me while the others are walking red flags. Cheong-san's green and I think I like him." she giggles again, spinning the swivel chair once again. The hamster just stare at her, its little head tilting as its red eyes seems like scanning her.

"I don't even know why I'm talking to a hamster but I guess I'm just so lonely," she throws the zombiefied hamster back to the ground, "Anyway, I'm in a mission right now so I can't really stall."

She begins rummaging the Science Professor's desk for clue, scanning the papers and journals since she can't open the laptop. She could clearly hear the speaker going off which she shrugs because she heard the group on the broadcasting room announcing that they'll going to save Cheong-san.

While rummaging the papers on the science lab, she's humming, too wrapped up in her own world and oblivious to the fact that one of her favorite character in the series had just been bitten by the bully. The kiss turn her into a good mood and forgot that she's literally starving for human flesh and thirsty for human blood.

When the music stops, she halted and strain her ears to check for the group, hearing them arguing again.

"Yah Pres, what happened to your arm? That's a bite mark, isn't it?"

Byeol's eyes widen, Nam-ra's bitten? No!! She's my favorite character!

"Gwi-nam bit her. It wasn't a zombie."

The girl stood up, throwing the paper she was holding on the table haphazardly as she walks towards the door but stopped. She has to find out the truth first.

She walks back to the table, telling herself that she can't do anything even if she runs back to the music room now.

"Yoon Gwi-nam was bitten by a zombie."

"What bullshit are you saying?"

"I saw him get bitten. If you get bit by a zombie, you turn into one."

Byeo curses, "I fucking like you, Cheong-san but sometimes you're not thinking. I just told you that I was bitten but I was okay. It's not always the case."

"He's not a zombie! I fought him. I literally talk to him!"

"Wait a fucking minute----" she rushes back to the table, the argument fueling her to keep looking, "There's no reason for the two to lie. They doesn't sound like they were lying so if that Gwi-nam's guy were really bitten--there's a possibility that I'm not alone."

"Pres won't going to turn. Don't you believe me?"

"I saw Gwi-nam being bit by zombie. It happened after fighting with me."

"I fought him too, believe me!"

And then her eyes hit the jackpot, a folder entitled Jonas Virus: A study about the bizarre virus was stashed on the very end of one of the cabinet, like it was purposely hidden. She grab it, placing it on top of the table as she starts skimming the pages.

"Byeol was bitten too, wasn't she? She told us but we saw her with you earlier. She looks perfectly fine."

The Jonas Virus aims to turn fear into strength...

First test subject: died.

The virus was taken from a mutated genes of a mice...

Second test subject: successful but becomes aggressive.

First test subject came back from death, tried attacking me but I managed to subdue it.

Tried injecting them with serotonin but nothing happens.

Conclusion: cure not found.

Conclusion: to destroy the virus means to destroy the host either by destroying its brain or fire.

The moment an antivirus enters the body, the virus mutates and stops attacking its target. The only explanation is the cells learned and evolve. If the Jonas Virus manages to learn the human consciousness, a new specie of mankind could be born.

Byeol gasps, hand slapping her mouth close as her eyes widen with her discovery, "My body manages to learn the property of the virus but instead of fighting it, it embraces the virus," she concluded, realising a huge sigh as she collapse on the swivel chair, "I really thought that I wasn't appetizing for the zombies because I'm anemic and I don't have a brain."

She bites her nails in concentration, "I turned but I manage to gain control. If fear triggers the virus, it could be controlled by others too as long as they have the anti-body. Nam-ra could be like me since she's really good at suppressing her emotions as long as she has the antibody? But who wouldn't get scared if you think that you're going to turn and become ugly like those zombies, not to mention that you'll forever smell stinky as you roam around the place mindlessly. I was scared too."

She stands up, grabbing the small bag she picks up earlier from one of the classroom to stash the folder inside.

"Pres hasn't turned yet so we can't kick her out."

"How can you prove that she's not going to attack anyone?"

"That way, if she ever turn, she's not going to come to any of you."

Byeol sighs as she walks out of the science lab for the nth time, "Sometimes I just want to be a stone."