ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 26

When the sun goes down and the moon appears, darkness cover the whole city like a blanket. The group of students-turned-survivors all huddled around the blazing fire pit, providing them warmth at the middle of the coldness.

Byeol has her knees pressed closely to her chest, arms around it as her chin's resting on her knees while she watches the flame dance according to the direction of the breeze. The orangy-yellow tone of the fire casted over their faces, providing a warm tone that made them looks like they were just teenagers gathering around a camp fire at night, just having fun while basking with each other's company. At this moment, they didn't look like the possibly only group that remains in their school--that didn't die yet.

"How was your audition?" Su-hyeok suddenly asks Dae-su.

"They said I have to lose weight," the bear pouted.

Su-hyeok chuckles, "You are a good singer though. Sing for us, I want to hear it."

Dae-su sighs, "Just forget it. I don't want to."

"I actually really like that song," Joon-yeong commented, urging Dae-su to sing for them.

"Is that so?" he nodded, "Really?'

"You sing very well," Wujin second-the-motion, "It'll cheer us up."

Dae-su clears his voice, preparing himself to sing as the others anticipates it. And then when he opens his mouth and let the music flows through his mouth, Byeol swears that it sounds like angels' are singing for them.

It wasn't that long before the others joined him, Dae-su smiling as their voices complements each other.

Byeol felt On-jo's head on her shoulder so she lays her head on top of On-jo. And then she felt warmth on her hand. She doesn't even need to look to know that it was Cheong-san intertwining their fingers again. She just let him be, instead, she slightly squeezes his hand as if to tell him that she's here.

She wasn't familiar with the song but it didn't hinder it from conveying the message it wants to give, the story it wants tell, and the emotion it wants you to feel. No matter how unfamiliar she is with the song, it didn't fail to touch her heart.

Roaming her eyes around the circle, she somehow envy the Byeol in this universe for having such loyal friends like them and a happy family. Things she didn't have in her universe.

She looks down, feeling the tears building up in the corner of her eyes as her nose starts to have a reddish tint on its tip as she prevents the tears from escaping and running down.

"Let's go anywhere together..."

As the song comes to an end, Byeol's lips pulls into a bittersweet smile, looking at the sky so the tears on her eyes will dry.

"It's a nice song," Hyo-ryeong commented.

"Didn't you tell me it sucked?" Dae-su furrows his brows on her.

"Well, now that I actually listened to it, I think its kind of nice." the short haired girl answered.

"That was encouraging, Dae-su." Wujin complemented him sincerely.

"Then," all of their attention turn to Byeol when she suddenly speaks after staying silent for so long, "when we finally get out of here alive, can we.... can we really go anywhere together?"

"Ohhhh," Gyeong-su teases her, "Is Han Byeol wanting to hang out with all of us and not only Cheong-san?"

Dae-su slaps him on the shoulder, "Yah, you're ruining her moment. It's not everyday that we could talk to her as seriously as this."