ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 39

Byeol's unconscious figure was splayed out on the ground, blood pooling around her body and her chest weren't moving anymore-- a clear indication that she wasn't breathing anymore.

Yet a single droplet of tear cascaded down the side of her eyes, dropping down to the pool of her own blood as memories starts to come back to her like a working bullet train in the train station. It was fast and overwhelming.

"Hi, what's your name?" came her little childish voice as she approaches a boy that was sitting alone on the playground.

The boy looks up and with a tooth missing, he answered, "I'm Lee Cheong-san. What's yours?"

Little Byeol skips to sit down beside the boy, "I'm Han Byeol like the star. Mommy said that when I was born, there's a meet-i-or shower that lights up the sky so I was named as Byeol." she tells him proudly. She had trouble saying 'meteor' but she manages to bring a smile on the boy's face, having being carried by the light and cheerful tone of her voice.

"Why are you here alone? You're not going to play with friends?" she asks when he didn't respond to her earlier introduction.

Her question reminded him why he was all alone at the side of the playground anyway, staring at the other kids having fun a couple of meters away from them, "The kids doesn't want to play with me because I have empty space on my teeth. The tooth fairy collected my tooth yesterday night."

Little Byeol pouted, "I have a missing tooth too. It bled a lot but I was brave and didn't cry."

The six-years old suddenly stood up, dusting her jumper before grabbing little Cheong-san's wrist, "If they don't want to play with you, then I'll play with you. Mommy and Daddy said that bad kids who doesn't play and bully other kids will trip and fall and they will have a nasty bleeding nose."

Just as she said that, one of the running kids slams on the other kid, both of them falling on the grass as they cry because one of them had broken a tooth from the unexpected collision.

Little Byeol and Little Cheong-san shared a look before the two kids bursts into laughter.

It wasn't the last time they met each other because when the family of three move to another house, the now seven years old Byeol found out that their neighbor has a son that she could recognize.

"I'll knock and you'll give the rice cakes to our neighbors, okay little star?" her mother had reminded her to which Byeol nodded enthusiastically.

Bom knocks on the door and waited for someone to open it. A woman opens the door with a warm smile and as the mothers have a conversation, Byeol's eyes wander to the inside of the house.

A boy was standing behind her mother, holding a car and a girl of her age was standing beside him, eating a bread. A bright smile illuminated her face as she cheerfully wave at them.

Little Byeol grab the hem of her mother's shirt, tugging it down to get her attention, "Mommy, look. My new friend!"

Both of the mothers follow the end of the little girl's finger, seeing the blushing boy and confused girl.

"Oh? Cheong-sannie, On-jo yah, come here," Mrs. Lee softly beckons the two kids, "Cheong-san is my son and On-jo lives next door. Her father's out for work so she usually stays here with us to play." she explains to Bom who nodded with a smile.

Albeit a little shy, the two kids walks towards them.

"Hi Cheong-san! Do you remember me?  We played on the playground!" Byeol chimed, pulling the flustered boy into a hug as the two mothers chuckle at their cute interaction.