ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 08

A nerve-racking silence envelopes them as they heard On-jo's voice, their movement ceasing as they stumbled out away from the gym professor.

Coach Kang lifts his arm in front of his face to see the bite mark clearly before pulling the sleeves of his wind breaker to cover his arm, "I-I'm not bitten." he denies.

"It's a bite mark," I-sak gulped.

"I said I wasn't. Don't talk back to me!" Coach Kang scolded her but the student stood her claim.

"It looks like you were really bitten!"

"I said I wasn't," Coach Kang's tone of voice increases a lot, "How many times do I have to tell you?!"

"Then why the hell are you hiding it? Just show it to us!" I-sak takes a step forward and closer to the professor while Byeol grab her on the wrist to pull her slightly behind her, "I think you should leave right now."

"What?"

"I said get out of here immediately." I-sak repeated.

"You want me to get out of here? After all I did to get here? You want me to go back out?" he asks incredulously.

"You were bitten. Come on, go out." I-sak stated, although her voice broke, she still stood her ground, "I said go out now!"

"Motherfucker!" Coach Kang cuss, "How dare you yell at me like that?! You little... Come here!"

When the gym coach starts walking closer to I-sak, Byeol's grip on her wrist tightens as she steps backward, taking I-sak with her as she's still standing beside the girl from another universe.

"Yah, Byeol-ah stand down, he was bitten!" Cheong-san warned Byeol and was about to go and pull her away if it wasn't because of Su-hyeok who had stopped him from even stepping forward.

"You won't come here?" Coach Kang starts stalking closer to the girls like a predator to its prey and Byeol bravely stood at the middle of I-sak and the Coach. She's used to this kind of scenario since her bullies back at her universe almost always intimidates her like this. She didn't even find it within herself to fear the obviously bitten professor even if he will turn any second from now. She just feels slightly mad at his choice of actions.

"Byeol-ah!"

"I think you should just leave, Coach Kang. We're all scared and you should understand where I-sak is coming from. She didn't meant to be rude but it's do or die. Would your conscience carry it if you turn and infect your students when you swore to the school handbook and your profession that you will always protect and prioritize the safety of your students?" Byeol didn't even stutter, looking straight to the gym professor's eyes. She knew that once you turn, morality will perish too with your humanity but if getting inside their professor's mind is the only thing that could cut this argument and end it without getting people hurt, she will do it.

"You---" his statement got cut off when blood starts to drip from his nose. He wipes it using his hands before turning around. His mind reconsidering Byeol's speech. Somehow, through the fear coursing through his system, there's a miniscule amount of thought that he's a responsible teacher who swore that the safety of their students is their priority.

But Byeol nor the others didn't see it coming. Before anyone could react, On-jo had grab a bag from the floor and throws it to Coach Kang's head.

And just like that, the consideration on his mind got clouded over by anger as he turns around, glaring at On-jo. Cheong-san move to pull On-jo away from Coach Kang while simultaneously grabbing Byeol's hand to pull her beside him, pulling I-sak in the process as Byeol still holding onto her tightly, "You fucking bitch!"

Coach Kang lifted his hand to seemingly hit On-jo but he dropped dead to the floor, the students staggering to avoid him.

The gym teacher starts convulsing, bones cracking in odd direction as Dae-su yelled, "We have to get out of here soon!"

And then he starts snarling, eyes meeting Byeol as he tries to reach for her. Before Cheong-san could pull Byeol away, the professor stood up in record timing as he tackles the girl to the floor. However, it wasn't Byeol but Minji who stood behind her.

Byeol's mind got bombarded with thoughts, wheels turning around as her brows furrowed. She didn't even realize Cheong-san pulling her to his side as he wraps an around her.

Coach Kang had managed to bite Minji before Dae-su could grab the professor on his waist, throwing him away like he weighs nothing.

"Dae-su yah... I can't.. I don't want to die..."

While Minji cries and the others distracted with her, they didn't notice Coach Kang recovers, only Byeol saw his movement so she grab a table and run towards the professor just as he tries tackling Su-hyeok to the ground, pinning the professor to the wall using the table with enough space for him to not reach any part of her body.

Cheong-san immediately run to help, pushing it closer to the wall as it tries to trash around. Byeol stares at the aggressive zombie, noticing how instead of reaching towards her direction, it's reaching to the side where Cheong-san's pushing the table.

"I get it," Gyeong-su runs towards the duo struggling to keep the zombie away, "Byeol-ah, go remove the barricade on the door. We have to get out of here."

She let go, letting Gyeong-su to take over as she lifts her cardigan up to grab the switch knife hidding on the waist line of her skirt, pushing the button to reveal the blade, "Duck down," she instructed the two as she plunge the knife right at the zombie's forehead. The two barely missing the blood splutters as the trashing of the teacher ceased.

"Holy fuck," Wujin cursed with wide eyes, mouth agape at what the lass had done.

Minji was next to turn, charging towards Dae-su who wraps his arms around her waist to subdue her. Cheong-san, Gyeong-su, and Byeol starts helping Nayeon in bringing the chairs and tables down.

"Get out! Get out!" Su-hyeok ordered the others as they cleared out the door, running out one-by-one which left Su-hyeok and Dae-su who's still subduing the zombified Minji.

Dae-su pushes the zombie to the side, sprinting out just as Su-hyeok slides the door close, trapping the zombie inside as they all sprint down the hallway.

Their heavy breathing, hard footfalls, and cries were of course bound to attract the hearing-sensitive zombies as the snarls gets louder. Just as they reach the end of the hallway, two zombies came barreling towards them.