ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 22

Double update because this chapter's short.

***

The small group of survivors sat in circles, two of them were isolated on the other side of the classroom as they were enveloped by somber silence. Aside from the snarls and growls outside, only the sound of wrapper and chewing could be heard inside of the music room.

They had just finished filming their impromptu video message and now filling their stomach for energy.

"Fuck, I really love Byeol," Dae-su commented as he gulps down the water.

"Speaking of Byeol," Gyeong-su turn to Cheong-san who's staying silent since the argument earlier, "You punk, we saw that!" his best friend kicks him on the shin.

"Saw what?" Cheong-san asks innocently but the blush on his cheeks tells otherwise.

"Aish you sneaky punk!" Gyeong-su teases her, "But she did told us that she's infected. She wrote a letter to us but we couldn't understand it. Can she really control it?"

"Why did she even leave if she's okay? What did you two talked about?" Dae-su follows up.

"Something about finding a proof that she won't going to hurt us," Cheong-san answers.

"Even if she knew she's going to be alone, she still choose to protect us," On-jo commented, staring at her soiled shoes, "She's so selfless."

"You know in movies, there's always people who are immune or carries an antibody," Dae speculated, "Maybe Pres and Byeol are immune. They haven't change yet."

Cheong-san averted his eyes, keeping the part of when Byeol admitted that she had turned and nearly eat a hamster to himself. There's no reason for them to know, Byeol's fine - he keeps repeating to himself.

"Probably," Joon-yeong replied, eating a snack bar himself.

"Oh, shit. So lucky," Dae-su commented.

"It doesn't matter, they still have zombie blood in their veins. They're still monsters," Jimin blurted out nonchalantly.

Wujin scoff, "Yeah, a monster could go out of their way to grab us some food to eat and safe water to drink." he stated sarcastically.

"And they aren't completely zombies," Dae-su suddenly sat upright like he had thought of something bright, "A Hambie?"

"Hambie?" Wujin asks in confusion.

"Short for half zombie. Hambie," Dae-su grinned.

"Still, they will going to turn like them. Monsters who destroys the city and killed my parents--- our families."  Jimin pointed out.

On-jo sighs, not really liking how she speaks like her best friend is a monster, "It's not like they have a choice. They were victims too and they might be struggling like us--or more than us. You can't just call anyone a monster."

"Even after she learned that she's infected, Byeol's still thinking about us and our safety so she's far from being a monster. Don't ever compare her to that because she's not," Cheong-san added in cold voice.

Jimin just sighed and keep her mouth shut after that. It wasn't even a long silence after that when Nam-ra suddenly stood up, walking towards the window covered with red drapes as Su-hyeok was forced to come with her.

"What?" the guy asks, alarmed.

"I heard something strange," Nam-ra answers.

The others followed her, intrigued on what she had just heard. Nam-ra listens to the voices intently, brows furrowed in concentration.

"What if she's starting to turn?" Hyo-ryeong whispers to On-jo.

Dae-su, who heard it leans towards the two girls, "What if Hambies don't turn?"

Hyo-ryeong suddenly flinch, gasping in surprise as she slaps Dae-su, "Ish, you scared me!"

"My bad," Dae-su pouted.

Back at Nam-ra, she focuses even more, "I can hear it."

"What?"

"What can you hear?" Both On-jo and Su-hyeok asks in unison.

Nam-ra slowly turn to them, head tilting slightly as she strains her ear to hear it properly, "I think someone's puking."

"It stopped." she finishes after a second.

The group looks alarmed but Nam-ra's wasn't done yet when she picks up another sound, this time it was familiar, "And Byeol?" she asks, confused.

Cheong-san perks up, "What about Byeol?"

"She's laughing," Nam-ra answered to which confuses the group even more, "because she slipped." she continues.

"Stop it, you're scaring me." Hyo-ryeong blurted out.

Nam-ra turns to her, "Can't you hear that?"

"I'm not hearing anything."

Nam-ra stops, roaming her eyes around the room as everything becomes clearer, the sound of their heartbeats, their nervous breathing, their hands fidgeting, and even Wujin's fart.

"What?" Wujin asks with wide eyes but Nam-ra's attention turn to the instrument room, hearing footsteps and scraping inside.

"We should go. It's weird here." Nam-ra stated.

"We can't just leave. There are zombies outside and Byeol might come here too," Cheong-san answers softly.

"Aish, we should just come to the rooftop when the music's still playing," Dae-su grumbles.

"Music..." On-jo murmurs, "We have music. I have a plan."

As the music room group carry out their escape plan, Byeol was forced to go to the comfort room seeing that she's covered with sticky blood from her waist down. She was skipping and didn't realize that there's a pool of blood on the hallway so she slipped. A stupid but funny move.

Luckily, she found a clean pair of the school gym uniform which consists of an emerald green tracksuit and black bottoms in the school's stockroom. It was still in a plastic so she knew its new.

She was braiding her hair when she heard it, the singing and the grunts of her friends as well as their screams. Byeol's eyes widen, "Holy shit, I forgot about them."