ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 35

The group is half-way through the construction site when Byeol manages to break free again from her mother's grip, turning to run back to the tennis court but Cheong-san is behind her and caught her in time, wrapping both of his arms around his girlfriend as she fight against his embrace.

"Please, I have to help my dad. The zombies will just ignore me so let me go. My dad...." Byeol pleaded the guy, "You can go, I'll catch up."

"Byeol, we have to leave." Cheong-san tries to console her but Byeol shakes her head.

"You guys have to leave but I'm not leaving my dad here. I have to go back. I need my Appa." the girl said as she tries to get away from Cheong-san's arms but her Mom grab her from the wrist, forcing her whole body to turn around

"Han Byeol, get yourself together," Bom was hurt too but she needs to stay stern and strong for her daughter, "Your dad will come back to us so you need to snap out of your hard-headedness and run."

Byeol sniffles, looking ahead to where the others had stopped running too and waiting for them before she turns around to Cheong-san, On-jo, and So-ju who chose to take the rear. She was conflicted especially that they were looking at her in expectation, urging her to turn around and run with them.

On-jo trudges pass her father anf Cheong-san, stopping in front of her before intertwining their hands together, "Come on, Byeol-ah. Let's run."

She doesn't want to but knows that she has to do it so with tear-stained cheeks, red rimmed eyes and a broken heart, she run with them.

Her mind was muffled. She couldn't think straight as she let her body get pulled away from the tennis court. Her body's running but her mind wasn't present.

She was still a toddler when her original universe parents died. She doesn't understand anything yet but it doesn't makes it better. It was painful and her child brain couldn't even understand that her parents have left her in this cruel world.

But this---this feels worst than the death of her original universe parents. This was straight to the heart and left her gasping for air like a fish out of water. The pain is more real and much worse.

She was too deep in her reverie that she didn't even notice that they were being chased by a horde of undead, didn't even flinch when the gunshots echoes and reverberates on her eardrums, nor didn't notice how she got carried out of the window and to the scaffolding.

"Go, Byeol. Run, Appa's going to be okay, sweetie. I'll come back to you, promise."

"I love the both of you so much not even the moon could testify it. Now, go."

"We're never going to leave our star alone, aren't we? Just like what your mom said, we'll never stop until we know our princess is safe."

Back... I want to go back... Go back to dad... back..

As if in daze, Byeol started walking back to the window where they come out. Bom notices it, immediately grabbing her wrist to stop her before wrapping her with the warmth of her embrace. Nam-ra covers the window, standing in front so she could stop Byeol if ever she tries to go back.

"Dad..." She whimpers as another set of tears fell down from her eyes and soaks Bom's tactical suit.

"Shhhh, I know and I understand," Bom whispers to her daughter as she caress her back and head, "Let's sit down first and calm down before we go back to your dad, okay?"

Broken and out of her mind, Byeol just conceded and nod her head, letting her mother to guide her in sitting down, leaning back to the concrete wall of the building.