ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 06

The zombie stops right in front of her, opening its mouth as it snarls at her but did nothing to bite her. Byeol gags at the smell of the undead, covering her mouth as she swings her fist hard to its face before kicking it on its stomach, sending it to the floor as it slides away with the impact.

"Your breath fucking stinks," she gags again as the scent of blood and death remains on her nose.

Before she could react, someone is already pulling her away. Seeing Cheong-san and On-jo in front of her made her to run with them, looking at the students in disgust as she stops to kick a zombie that was trying to bite them.

Their way was block so Cheong-san pulled the two girls below a table, his eyes finding Byeol's who glistens with tears. Mistaking it as fear, Cheong-san cups Byeol's face, "You're okay. I'll get you girls out of here."

Byeol gags again as her palm covers her mouth and nose even more tightly, "I can't with the smell. It's assaulting my nose."

And then the fire sprinkler system got activated, drenching all of the students and staffs inside the cafeteria as the cries of pain and screams of fear increases added by the snarls and growls of creatures.

"Get up!" Cheong-san yelled to the girls, On-jo helping a student who hides under the same table with them.

"She's infected, On-jo yah!" Byeol told On-jo as Cheong-san grips both of her arms to help her stand up.

As they were walking away, a student bumped onto Cheong-san and due to the slippery floor, he slipped bringing On-jo and the girl she had helped with him.

The girl begins to convulse as On-jo tries to help her, it's bone crushing as it shifts in odd positions. From the sideline, Cheong-san is fighting a zombie that tackles him on the floor.

She didn't know who to help first but it kind of happen when the now zombified girl tackles On-jo to the floor, the girl whimpering as she tries her best to keep it away from her face but clearly struggling to do so.

Byeol grab a handful of the zombie's hair, pulling it back harshly as its body lifted up from On-jo. She pushes the zombie to the side with all her might as it collapse to the floor, its face hitting the edge of the table and Byeol didn't waste any time to help On-jo to stand up, "Yah, On-jo yah! Get yourself together!"

She went to help Cheong-san next, grabbing his hand to pull him up while holding On-jo on the other side, kicking the zombie on the head when it tries to get up resulting for it to hit his head on the floor.

"Faster! We have to get out of here fast!" Cheong-san yelled to them through the commotion.

He beckons the girls to climb up the table first before he follows but a zombified girl grab his ankle, trying to pull him down.

As Cheong-san struggles to kick the girl and free himself from its deadly grip, he didn't notice Byeol leaning down and before he knew it, a knife is already pierced on its forehead, blood dripping as some of it spluttered on the hand holding the blade but the crimson liquid is quick to disappear as the water washes it down.

Byeol yanks the blade from its skull, face squinting in disgust as she gags again before she got pulled up by Cheong-san who looks at her wide eyes.

"What?" Byeol asks when he keeps staring at her, "It was already a zombie so it's technically dead?"

Cheong-san shakes his head, grabbing Byeol's hand as he intertwines their fingers again, "Let's go over there!"

He jumps down first, helping Byeol and On-jo as they follow his lead. They run to a corner, Cheong-san helping the other guys to position a table below the window.