ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 31

The birds are singing as the warm glow of sunlight seeps through the small window of the stock room, casting light upon the small room as the group takes their rest from the exhausting day--both mentally and physically.

Byeol didn't sleep a blink. It's not like she's sleepy anyway because the adrenaline is still running through her system, her senses heightens again as the storm finally subsided. It's hard to sleep not only because of the mental attack their situation is throwing at them but also the physical aspect of it.

Cheong-san was no different, his head leaning on Byeol's shoulder as their hand is still intertwined, caressing each other in comfort while Byeol's other hand is holding the transciever, fidgeting as she waits for a response.

The couple sat in a somber silence, staring at the distance as they let the others to rest. That was until Cheong-san decided to break the silence.

"I've been thinking all night," he started, his tone barely a hush but Byeol heard him clearly. She humms for him to continue, "How will I live? What will I do? Do I still have the will to keep fighting? No matter how hard I think, I couldn't come up with a conclusion. Mom's dead, I don't know about Dad and our safety isn't promised."

Cheong-san turns to her, cupping her cheeks as he looks straight at her eyes, noticing the specks of crimson on her dark irides. A sign that she wasn't normal like them, "I know that you are able to regenerate and is invisible to zombies' eyes but will you promise to stay with me no matter what happens? That you'll come back to me everytime we separate?"

Byeol smiles warmly through her glassy eyes as she place her hand on top of Cheong-san's that was cupping her cheeks, "Always."

Cheong-san smiles, leaning closer to place a short yet full emotion kiss on her lips before pulling away, "I love you." he confesses while looking directly at her eyes so she would see the sincerity and the emotions he's feeling.

Byeol's tears fell at the love and sincerity that reflects on his eyes, "I love you too."

Silence envelopes them again as they hold each other close, Cheong-san scooting closer while they enjoy the warmth the both of them emits.

It was near lunch when the others starts to wake up one-by-one. They fill their empty stomachs with the remaining water and food they got, the two girls being more than grateful to the clean bottled water after 3 days without food and water.

"So you mean you're invisible to those lunatics?" Mi-jin asks Byeol after finding out how they managed to get food because getting them would probably be the last thing in your mind when you're running away from death.

"Hmmm," Byeol nodded to her question.

"That's fucking lucky," The girl said, shoving her mouth with bread, "How did you get bitten?"

"I rather not say." she answer, eyes drifting to the faint bite mark on her hand. Oddly, she haven't notice it until her memory from that unfortunate night flashes in front of her eyes.

"Okay," the senior answers in derp expression, "So if you bite us, will we become like you because if that's how it fucking work, I'm not going to fucking hesitate to let you bite me."

Byeol shake her head, "No, it depends on your body and emotional state." she answers simply.

"Our creator has a clear favoritism. You can literally just walk away and the fucking zombies won't even recognize you." she stated with a sigh.

"Why didn't you do that?" Ha-ri asks the girl, not intending to be rude but really intrigued on the reason why this lucky girl didn't leave the school when she easily can.