ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Chapter 40

Yoon Gwi-nam stood up, licking his blood-coated thumb as he smirk, "Your saviour is here," he said to the writhing Cheong-san as he steps on his body, walking towards the girl.

"Did gouging my boyfriend's eye satisfy you?" Byeol asks as she meets Gwi-nam at the center.

"Super," Gwi-nam smirked, even emphasizing his word by licking his thumb, "His blood is very tasty."

"But did it bring your eye back?"

Gwi-nam's smirk falls at the harsh reminder, fury erupting inside of him as he charges towards Byeol, swinging his fist but the lass manages to deflect his fist by stepping backwards and swinging her hand to slap the bully from left to right, the crisp sound of skin hitting skin echoes on the whole top floor as Gwi-nam charges again. He swings his fist, Byeol deflects and the more it happens, the more mad Gwi-nam gets.

With all of his strength channels to the punch, he swings his fist again yet Byeol grab it with both of her hands, skidding a couple inches back because of the impact and before Gwi-nam could retrieve his fist, she kicks him on the groin, resulting for him to hunch in pain. This gave Byeol the advantage as she spins around to have the right momentun before stretching her leg into a kick, inflicting more power on the attack.

Gwi-nam's body slams on the ground hard as Byeol's neck twitches to the side, red eyes glaring at the writhing figure of Gwi-nam. She stalks to the bully, sending a kick on his body when he was about to stand up until Byeol sat on top of the bully's stomach like what he had done to Cheong-san.

"Considering that we're practically indestructible, what do you think of living your remaining lives with no eye sight," Byeol stated in cold voice as the blood swimming on her eyes seeps back on the back of her irides, once dark irides become sinister red due to the blood, "You keep pestering us and following us like a lost puppy when it was clear in the beginning that we don't care about you."

Byeol's hand harshly grab Gwi-nam's jaw as she hover her sharp nails over his one remaining eye, "I feel like making it equal," she wonders out loud, digging her sharp nails on Gwi-nam's eyeballs like what he had done to Cheong-san, the blood oozing out as he yelled in agony, his scream reverberating all throughout the construction site and cutting through the thick blanket of silence.

The pain fuels Gwi-nam's anger as he manage to get out of from Byeol's grasp, blindly grabbing her neck as he squeezes the light out of her. Byeol whimpers, clawing his arms to try and pry him away but Gwi-nam's death grip and her lungs screaming for air makes her unable to function.

Cheong-san grab a wood from the ground and through his pain, he charges towards Gwi-nam. However, the bully heard his movement and heavy footsteps, turning Byeol's body on the direction where he's coming from just in time when Cheong-san slams the wood, intending to hit Gwi-nam but he frozes when the wood hit Byeol's back instead, the wood breaking into two pieces as the lass groan.

"Yah! That's my daughter you little shit!" a deep voice reverberates around the top floor of the unfinished building followed by the loud sound of a gunshot.

Gwi-nam's grip loosen first before his arms dropped as he fell on on the ground, blood pooling around his body from the hole behind his head.

A smile form on Byeol's mouth as her eyes waters, going back to its normal color as she stares at her Dad holding a pistol, strutting towards the body of Gwi-nam as he heave him up with minimal effort, throwing his body to the elevator shaft and adding to the pile of dead zombies.

"I knew it," Byeol smiles.

"Let's save the reunion later. They're starting to throw the bombs, we have to get out of here." Hyun told his daughter.