ˏˋ°•*⁀➷Epilogue

Three months...

It took them three whole months before they were able to finally adjust to their new life-- the hambies in particular. Their new diet, the enhanced senses and strength took them some time to get used to now that the adrenaline was gone.

Three and seventeen days since they had lost connection to their friends. But what's important is that they're safe, that their lives weren't at risk anymore.

The martial law was lifted, the military officials claiming that Hyosan is safe now but those people who are living in Hyosan knew that it wasn't. It will never end.

Byeol pushes the glass door of a winery---or what was once a winery. The little bell on top of the door chiming as she slip inside of the shop, not really minding the cluttered state of the shop. Her combat boots creating a sound everytime it hits the ground, her bomber jacket protecting her from the cold breeze outside.

With her still full-of-blood knife spinning in between her fingers as she strut down the basement of the old winery, she's exuding a pissed off aura that the people passing by cowers away from her and with trembling voice, greeted her politely. She returns the greetings with a nod, too pissed off to greet them back verbally.

When she finally pass the winding and narrow hallway, she appears in a fairly wide underground room, a big and long desk at the middle which is surrounded with chairs.

Nam-ra stops talking to Cheong-san, eyes narrowing as her forehead creases at the sight of the blood-stained girl, "What happened to you? I thought you're strolling around the mall to unwind?"

"I thought so too," Byeol grumbles under her breath, plopping on Cheong-san's lap which the lad immediately wraps his arms around her waist.

Nam-ra tosses her a box of wet wipes which she accepts silently and starts wiping the blood on her face before wiping the blood on her knife, "West wing of Hyosan Mall. I've encountered three of them, one looks fresh and bite mark looks fairly new."

Nam-ra scoffs, "The military is a joke. They claimed that they cleared Hyosan after taking credits of what we've done when the war is still on-going."

"In their defense, they didn't know that we are here and doing their job," Cheong-san commented, inhaling the scent of his girlfriend. It was weird---her natural scent being lace with the irony scent of blood but it was addicting.

"And it would be better if it stays that way," Hyun suddenly appears with Bom trailing behind them, both of them holding two wine glasses each filled with thick crimson liquid--- blood,  "And Byeol, there's plenty of chairs, go sit on one!"

Byeol playfully roll her eyes but still oblige, standing up from Cheong-san's lap and relocating on the chair next to him. The lad pull the chair closer to his body just as Bom places the wine glass in front of them.

"While I was out to get food, I've overheard the soldiers talking to each other," Hyun opened up, "Unfortunately, they already know about our existence and they have one in their possession."

"And they haven't have vaccine or cure yet?" Byeol raises an eyebrow.

Bom releases a sigh, sitting next to her husband, "It's not that easy to create a vaccine, Byeol-ah. I'm sure they're doing their best."

Byeol hummed, "They have the video on their possession. They must know that once the virus manifested on the host's body, it's the endgame. And they should know that the virus could adapt very fast to its host's system so the mutation is different to everyone. One hambie is not enough. Goodluck to them."

Before the whole bombing situation and their great escapade, Byeol had manage to snap pictures of the research conducted by Lee Byeong-chan before the battery of her phone was completely out and throught the hundreds of power banks she found in the mall, she managed to charge her phone and retrieve the files to which the five of them studied and read intensively, trying to find a loop hole about the virus but was unable to. Their braincells weren't enough to debunk the virus but was enough to understand some things.