Chapter 1

"Did you really just try and sneak back right past me?" God, I hate it when he shouts.

"I wouldn't call in sneaking, more like quietly walking. God knows I wouldn't want you to lose any beauty sleep... you need lots of it."

"Why... you little..." He's starting to get angry, red angry.

"Hey. Where were you?" And then she walks in, as always, pretending like we weren't about to get in a full-on fistfight.

"Oh, I just needed some fresh air." She'll believe it, or at least pretend she does.

"Bullshit!" He really can't read the room.

"Roger!" Checkmate.

I walk upstairs and to my room, enjoying yet another win against Roger.

I could use more of a challenge though. Maybe Massachusetts will be more... entertaining? Challenging?... Doubt it.

There's a soft knock on the door.

"Come in."

"Why do you do that?"

"What is it that I do, Abby?"

"Eliot..."

"What?"

Then she gives me that look, and normally I wouldn't give in to it, but tonight feels like a good night to do so. I take a seat on my bed.

"Can you at least try?"

"I'll try if he..." I stop myself.

"Good, Now do you think you'll be ready to go in the morning?" She looks around my room.

"Oh yeah." She looks at me. "What? It's not like I have much."

"Just be ready to go."

"Okay."

Matheson better be interesting.