Chapter 34

This time it hit differently.

First came the Crackle. Then the Pop. But then this surge of adrenaline. This flow of power. It's just like that time in my head. That moment of power I had against that thing. When I just knew what to do. When I knew just how powerful I was.

It is absolutely the most amazing sensation in my entire life as I leave the air directly above the giant sharp rocks in the ocean and appear in my bedroom, falling right onto my bed.

"Holy shit." I laugh as I roll in my bed, the cuts on my arms beginning to heal.

God that felt great!

I slide my ring across my palm.

"Eliot?" It's Abby. Fuck!

I grab my pillow and use it to cover my hand.

"Yeah?" She comes in.

"When'd you get home?"

"Just a little ago."

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to talk to you about Winter Break..." She sits on the edge of my desk.

"Yeah...?"

"Roger's family wants us to come and visit for Christmas. I didn't know whether or not you would..."

"No."

"Oh. Okay. Well... we're thinking about leaving the day after tomorrow. So if you change your mind..."

"I won't."

"Um... well we'll be back probably the 29th or 30th."

"Cool."

"Okay. We'll of course leave you some money for food, but I'm sure you'll be with the Locke's most of the time."

"Yeah..."

"Huh? What does that mean?"

"Nothin'."

"Is everything with you and Tyler okay?"

"Yeah. Same old same old."

"You sure? You can talk to me about it."

"It's all good Abby. I should really be gettin' some homework done."

"It's the first day of Winter Break..."

"And what? I've still got homework."

"Okay." She stands up. "I'll see you later."

God, she's such a bitch.